Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
slowguy wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Quote:
I suspect this particular issue is being blown a bit out of proportion.

i think you misunderstand the issue. the issue is that bannon is a wackjob who seems kinda racist. such a person has no business in his position.

Funny, because there is a lot of whining about CJCS and DNI being "demoted" so I think that's a least part of the issue.

As for Mr. Bannon, what difference does it make if he's at the meetings? Pres Trump gets to pick his advisors. He gets to pick his National Security Advisor, his DHS Secretary, his SecDef, etc. What does it matter if he also chooses to be advised by Mr. Bannon? Just because you don't like him?

i disliked condaleeza rice and disagreed with much of her politics. i wouldnt object to her being in the briefings, because i recognize shes quite intelligent and professional.

i object to bannon because hes unprofessional, a nut, and has troubling issues with racism. i feel such a person has no business being an advisor to the potus. if he were a vegan, atheist, champion of science, and still had the aforementioned issues, i would still object.

So you don't have a problem specifically with this EO, so much as the fact that Mr. Bannon is advising the President in any way.

Fair enough, I guess, but the President gets to listen to the people he trusts. I'd rather have a questionable guy in the room where he can hear all the opinions, and the other advisors have a chance to weigh in against him than just having him in the President's ear in private.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Last edited by: slowguy: Jan 30, 17 17:21
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
So you don't have a problem specifically with this EO, so much as the fact that Mr. Brannon is advising the President in any way.

correct.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So apparently Axlerod was sent by Obama to the nsc and reversed course after internal protest. This changes things.

1. It would seem that perhaps Bannon's attendance is innapropriate. But certainly more qualified than axlerod was.

2. Were any of you up in arms about this when axlerod was in attendance?

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
So apparently Axlerod was sent by Obama to the nsc and reversed course after internal protest. This changes things.

1. It would seem that perhaps Bannon's attendance is innapropriate. But certainly more qualified than axlerod was.

2. Were any of you up in arms about this when axlerod was in attendance?

my objection is with bannon specifically because of who he is as a person. see my previous replies to slowguy,

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But I told you that is false. I have also cited sources of previous colleagues who have open dostain for him saying he has never displayed racist behavior. His best friend is a black man he has known since college.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
But I told you that is false. I have also cited sources of previous colleagues who have open dostain for him saying he has never displayed racist behavior. His best friend is a black man he has known since college.

other colleagues have said he is racist.

having a black friend does not mean he isnt racist.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But Ben shapiro who worked for bannon for years and is Jewish, has a huge motivation to brand bannon a racist said he isn't.

http://www.snopes.com/...e-supremacist-views/

You said colleagues. Now put up or shut up. Because I voted sources. Your turn.

Quote Reply

Prev Next