Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Temporary ban on Muslims [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I certainly remember that being the case fifteen years ago. Is that still true? How do you rate Saudi government cooperation with our intelligence forces compared to the ones on the red list?

The Saudi government finances Madrassas around the world where they teach the radical Islam that is a big problem. The government walks a fine line, with the government appeasing the West because of military aid and for business reasons but at the same time, clamping down on very strong Conservative elements in the country. It's similar to Pakistan, and Egypt and Yemen.

They do enough to appease the U.S intelligence services to make it appear like they are fighting terrorism, without actually fighting it at all. Part of the problem is they can't fight it without upsetting a lot of people who sympathize with the terrorists.

To give Saudi Arabia a free pass is nothing more than appeasing a country with oil and a lot of business interests. Saudi Arabia is far more interested in containing Iran than they are radical Islamists bent on harming the West. Those terrorists have a lot of support in the country and the government doesn't want to create waves. The governments there are the same as governments everywhere, really only interested in staying in power. Pakistan is worried about India, Saudi is worried about Iran. Yemen is worried about the the Houthis. No one is interested in terrorists who want to harm the West. They do enough to keep the military and financial aid coming and that is it.

Quote Reply
Re: Temporary ban on Muslims [wrmattil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wrmattil wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

They invoke 9/11 and leave Saudi Arabia off the list. Seems legit. What empirical evidence is coming out of the EU? Stick to the facts.

For those living under a rock: France, Spain, and Germany.

So you are calling me out on "facts" and then you use the EU as an example as if it is guaranteed to happen here. It's only a fact when you want to be. We call those alternative facts.
Quote Reply
Re: Temporary ban on Muslims [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:
Seems like you guys that are opposed to this move are the ones buying in to all the fear mongering from the left. Spreading a false narrative that this will anger the terrorists is stupid. They already want all infidels dead.

What is wrong with a temporary ban so we can get a better , safer vetting process in place. That way we can actually weed out any potential terrorists from sneaking in with real refugees. Its common sense.

Strange ... I cant seem to find the thread about how outraged you all were when obama imposed a similar ban on immigration from iraq and other middle east countries in his first term.

What would you change about the vetting process from those nations? I'll lay better odds than Mopdahl that you (and probably Trump) have a clue what that process is. If you don't even know what it is how do you know it needs strengthened? Of course the only way you can keep all the terrorists out it to let absolutely no one in. But then of course most of the terrorism in the US is home grown, so curious about how you are fixing that.

And strange, I can't find the thread where I said I was worried this would anger the terrorists.

And if we are interested in terrorism, why is Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Nigeria left off the list? They are primary sources for terrorists in the world. I bet if you think hard you can find a reason.

And just because I fucking hated it before, I figure I'll trot it out now. Bu-bu-bu-bu-bu Obama. The Obama pause was in response to a specific issue/threat, and did not include rhetoric on not leaving any more refugees in. What is the specific threat Trump is addressing?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Temporary ban on Muslims [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Dirt fighter wrote:
Seems like you guys that are opposed to this move are the ones buying in to all the fear mongering from the left. Spreading a false narrative that this will anger the terrorists is stupid. They already want all infidels dead.

What is wrong with a temporary ban so we can get a better , safer vetting process in place. That way we can actually weed out any potential terrorists from sneaking in with real refugees. Its common sense.

Strange ... I cant seem to find the thread about how outraged you all were when obama imposed a similar ban on immigration from iraq and other middle east countries in his first term.

What would you change about the vetting process from those nations? I'll lay better odds than Mopdahl that you (and probably Trump) have a clue what that process is. If you don't even know what it is how do you know it needs strengthened? Of course the only way you can keep all the terrorists out it to let absolutely no one in. But then of course most of the terrorism in the US is home grown, so curious about how you are fixing that.

And strange, I can't find the thread where I said I was worried this would anger the terrorists.

And if we are interested in terrorism, why is Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Nigeria left off the list? They are primary sources for terrorists in the world. I bet if you think hard you can find a reason.

And just because I fucking hated it before, I figure I'll trot it out now. Bu-bu-bu-bu-bu Obama. The Obama pause was in response to a specific issue/threat, and did not include rhetoric on not leaving any more refugees in. What is the specific threat Trump is addressing?

I'll take the better odds, what's your limit for the wager?
Quote Reply
Re: Temporary ban on Muslims [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
j p o wrote:
Dirt fighter wrote:

I'll take the better odds, what's your limit for the wager?

Best he gave was 25:1. I'll give 50:1. Limit is one thin dime.

In your own words, what is the process? Cut and paste is a loss for you. You are on your honor to not use the Googles.

ETA - I'll raise the limit to 2 dimes if you get more than 90% of the process for refugees. (though I may have to doubt your veracity, because damn, there are a lot of steps)

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Jan 28, 17 13:18
Quote Reply
Re: Temporary ban on Muslims [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told the other day that Trump is pragmatic. This is very pragmatic. No terrorists will get in now.

You're all safe.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Temporary ban on Muslims [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did Obama ban permanent residents? I may have missed that.
Quote Reply

Prev Next