Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How Many Millions Will Be Spent... [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This has nothing to do with Trump wanting to confirm election integrity and everything to do with his ego needing something to suggest he didn't lose the popular vote to Hillary.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Millions Will Be Spent... [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
j p o wrote:
'Russia hacked the election, Trump is in Putin's back pocket!' has become 'Trump's an idiot, of COURSE there's no fraud in our electoral process'

Those are two different issues.

And by 'hacked' it was meant influenced nefariously for their own purposes (though I think some people imagined they actually hacked the vote count, which I doubt strongly they did).

And by 'fraud' in this context it is meant that people wrongly vote more than once or in the wrong place. In person voter fraud has got to be the most difficult and tedious way to steal an election. Maybe in days past it worked, but there are so many easier ways to gain an advantage and not so easily discovered.

Yeah, I know. Do you not understand that the media focus went from 'Russia hacked the election' to 'no fraud in our election, why investigate?' I.e. the Russian narrative disappeared overnight, I bet half the people who were up in arms about it won't even remember it was a thing in a week. Trump has totally shifted the election narrative--intentionally or not--from a devious plot orchestrated by the Russians to put a puppet President in power to a silly fraud claim.

Oh, media ADD? Yeah, TV media has no follow through. One of the reasons the demise of print media is not a good thing.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you not understand that the media focus went from 'Russia hacked the election' to 'no fraud in our election, why investigate?' I.e. the Russian narrative disappeared overnight

I believe there are investigations going on about the Russians so I wonder if Trump's investigation will include that too? I mean, if he is really concerned with the integrity of the voting system, I would hope he looks at all potential fraud activities.

Another reason why Trump should just let this go.

Quote Reply
Re: How Many Millions Will Be Spent... [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
No. You're a lunatic because of the way you think. Frump? That's loony tunes right there.

Never argued against your first point. Looney.

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:
Wouldn't our tax money be better spent on something important. He won, he needs to get over it.

Quote:
Trump Vows ‘Major Investigation’ of His Claim of Voting Fraud

If you eliminate any biases and your opinion that Trump is a buffoon, and pretend for a minute that his team spent a year combing over polling data and examining trends and detailed county-level metrics and information...if Trump and his team believe massive voter fraud is happening then why would an investigation be troubling?

Let's say Obama said this, what would your response be? I think the accuracy of our elections if paramount, it gets to peoples' trust in the process and their elected officials. If that trust is eroded who knows what would happen.

It's one thing for Trump and his team to believe in massive voter fraud. It's quite another for that belief to be reasonably based.

Trump cited in an interview the other day to the Pew study when claiming that there were several million fraudulent votes cast. (He also incredibly claimed that not a single one of those fraudulent votes were cast for him.) His problem is that isn't even close to the Pew study's results. It's not just a gross mischaracterization of the study -- it's dishonest.

I have no problem with an investigation, if there's some reasonable basis underlying it. I do have a problem with the waste of federal funds just because Trump is butt hurt and his ego bruised.
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Millions Will Be Spent... [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Trump cited in an interview the other day to the Pew study when claiming that there were several million fraudulent votes cast. (He also incredibly claimed that not a single one of those fraudulent votes were cast for him.) His problem is that isn't even close to the Pew study's results. It's not just a gross mischaracterization of the study -- it's dishonest.

They interviewed the author of the Pew study today on POTUS (which show I can't remember). He said that Trump was grossly inaccurate in characterizing the results of the study (voter rolls vs actual voting fraud).
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Millions Will Be Spent... [MOP_Roy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They interviewed the author of the Pew study today on POTUS (which show I can't remember). He said that Trump was grossly inaccurate in characterizing the results of the study (voter rolls vs actual voting fraud).

But someone told Trump it was true so there's that...
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Millions Will Be Spent... [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So investigation / no investigation, I don't really care. I don't believe there was massive voter fraud but I'm not an expert on the issue nor did I spend last night in a Holiday Inn Express.

I just think its funny that

1. Trump claims that massive voter fraud occurred because of wide spread voter registration issues (voters registered in more than one state, for example).

2. Every single last person who committed voter fraud voted for his opponent and specifically NOT him.

3. Since we now know that Tiffany Trump is registered to vote in two states; if one buys what Trump is selling, then his daughter voted for not him.
Last edited by: MOP_Roy: Jan 26, 17 15:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:
Wouldn't our tax money be better spent on something important. He won, he needs to get over it.

Quote:
Trump Vows ‘Major Investigation’ of His Claim of Voting Fraud

If you eliminate any biases and your opinion that Trump is a buffoon, and pretend for a minute that his team spent a year combing over polling data and examining trends and detailed county-level metrics and information...if Trump and his team believe massive voter fraud is happening then why would an investigation be troubling?

Let's say Obama said this, what would your response be? I think the accuracy of our elections if paramount, it gets to peoples' trust in the process and their elected officials. If that trust is eroded who knows what would happen.

Do you think his team spent *any* time in California doing that kind of examination? California is where he said those illegal votes were, right?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Millions Will Be Spent... [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surely, Trump has better things to do than spend time investigating an election he won.

He sure spends a lot of time boasting, bragging and gloating about the win. When does that stop?

Ironic that he goes on, and so much about the win ( "We won so big. Everywhere."), but now wants to investigate it? Why? According to other sources, there's been no Fraud.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Millions Will Be Spent... [MOP_Roy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He said that Trump was grossly inaccurate in characterizing the results of the study

Trump is "grossly inaccurate" in how he describes just about everything. But we know this now, and the pattern is very consistent so we just make those massive adjustments to whatever he's blustering about and move forward! :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next