Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Roethlisberger's Comments [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's a drama queen as usual. Of course he'll be back next year.

He's said in the past that he wants to play as "long as the good Lord and the Rooneys will let me" and doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would call it a career early. Then again, when you reach a certain age in football I'm sure you start seriously thinking about your future after football. So while I'm sure he'll be thinking about retiring, I would be shocked if he wasn't back next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know what he said and won't bother to look it up. My guess is he wants a contract extension with more guaranteed money.
Quote Reply
Re: Roethlisberger's Comments [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
I wonder if this is Ben's way of saying he wants changes made to the team and possibly the coaching staff.

I don't know anyone that likes to lose and at Ben's level he has got to be PO'd. At this point in his career who could you get that would be better than Tomlin for the Steelers? How long would it take to implement a new offense/defense? How much would the Steelers have to spend to either become the #1 offense or defense? Sometimes in life there are people that own their sports. MJ, Tiger, Gretzky and Ali come to mind. Do you remember who finished 2nd to them in any year? It can't be easy to be 60 minutes away from a trip to the SB and get blown out.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MJ, Tiger, Gretzky and Ali come to mind. Do you remember who finished 2nd to them in any year?

This is an easy question, a lot of people would know.

MJ - Jazz with Malone and Stockton... back-to-back years

Tiger - Mickelson... almost every major

Gretzky - This one's not as easy because it's not as popular of a sport, but as a native New Englander, I remember him beating the Terry O'Reilly led Bruins with Ray Bourque

Ali - George Foreman... rumble in the jungle... probably the easiest one.
Quote Reply
Re: Roethlisberger's Comments [champy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
champy wrote:
MJ, Tiger, Gretzky and Ali come to mind. Do you remember who finished 2nd to them in any year?

This is an easy question, a lot of people would know.

MJ - Jazz with Malone and Stockton... back-to-back years

Tiger - Mickelson... almost every major

Gretzky - This one's not as easy because it's not as popular of a sport, but as a native New Englander, I remember him beating the Terry O'Reilly led Bruins with Ray Bourque

Ali - George Foreman... rumble in the jungle... probably the easiest one.

Nicely done. I don't know how many people could remember those years. I'd have gone with:

Mario Lemieux for the Gretzky years.
Joe Frazier for the Ali years.
Malone for the Jordan Years
Mickelson too but I didn't know this until I looked it up: Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods have tied so far when the two of them have gone head-to-head, and their record stands at 13-13-4 in those meetings.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Roethlisberger's Comments [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
I don't know what he said and won't bother to look it up. My guess is he wants a contract extension with more guaranteed money.

I don't think so. He's already one of the highest paid ever, and renegotiated his contract in 2015.

Here are his comments:

--

The 34-year-old spoke cryptically about retirement when asked by 93.7 The Fan's "The Cook and Poni Show."

"I'm going to take this offseason to evaluate, to consider all options," Roethlisberger said. "To consider health, and family and things like that and just kind of take some time away to evaluate next season, if there's going to be a next season."

When pushed further about whether he'd play next season, Big Ben reiterated his wait-and-see approach.

"I'm going to take some time and evaluate with my family and just do a lot of praying about it and make sure it's the right thing for me and my family," he said.
Quote Reply

Prev Next