Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: German Beer [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I enjoyed going to the Hoffbrau. They have their own beers which are tasty.
Their mugs are the size of our pitchers.
I liked Radley which is a style of Bier with lemonade. It might only be available during the summer.

You can't go wrong sampling the different beers. Germany also has good wine.
Quote Reply
Re: German Beer [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Barry once again proves that he's incapable of understanding an argument counter to his pre-existing prejudiced beliefs.

Owen, all of the beers I listed are generally considered high quality beers by beer connoisseurs. It has nothing to do with a "pre-existing prejudiced belief."

So go fuck yourself.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: German Beer [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
American's stuck on over hopped IPA's complaining about German beer. It tastes watery because you've been drinking shitty American beer that some dip wad put far too many hops in to be properly enjoyed.

SO TRUE!

And if you get watery beer you got taken by being served the pasteurized kind from the tank in Belgium, which they sell to all poor sap tourists at the traps.

Go local, go small....and whatever you do, don't go to the "Hofbraeuhouse" for beverages or food, only if you like to be among (asian) tourists.

Also true that unpasteurized beer tastes a little different than the pasteurized shit you get here under a German name.
I wouldn't call it sulfurous --which may be true-- but to me they taste more 'peppery'.

Best beer I ever had was in the Bamberg/ Nuernberg area in Frankonia...where they still make small microbrew batches in real cellars (I am biased, though ;-).
Quote Reply
Re: German Beer [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
....and whatever you do, don't go to the "Hofbraeuhouse" for beverages or food,

Sounds like you went to some touristy knockoff of the Hoffbrau Haus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoffbrau house is a must - for the history and atmosphere.
When I was there (ten years ago now) there were several walking beer tour options originating in the train station. Thought that was a great intro to some of the local flavors. After the tour I went back to the one I was most interested in spending more time at.

Personally, I can't get enough heffeweizen - dunkle or regular.
Also, if you're in most any other town, they'll have their own local brewery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're going in March. It's Starkbierzeit; don't miss the opportunity. Here's the info:
Location / Venue
Paulaner am Nockherberg, Munich 10-26 March 2017
Access From City to Location
10 minutes by Walk from Kolumbusplatz, München to 77 Hochstraße

Google "starkbierzeit Munich" for more background.
Last edited by: purple: Jan 26, 17 19:45
Quote Reply

Prev Next