Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Well, he is bringing more attention to his cause in death than life.
Quote | Reply
Sort of funny actually.

http://www.usatoday.com/...ist-killed/96962628/

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Well, he is bringing more attention to his cause in death than life. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"His goal was to walk barefoot to California. After it started snowing in Ohio, he regrouped and took a bus to Florida."

Not really committed to his cause. didn't deserve to get creamed though.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Well, he is bringing more attention to his cause in death than life. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Struck by a SUV.

The irony.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Sort of funny actually.

Isn't that road off limits to pedestrian and bicycles?
Quote Reply
Re: Well, he is bringing more attention to his cause in death than life. [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
TheForge wrote:
Sort of funny actually.

Isn't that road off limits to pedestrian and bicycles?

It said that he was walking along highway 90 which parallels I-10. It is a four-lane highway that runs through a number of small towns. As far as I know, it is not off limits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sad story, but the point he was trying to get across does not seem worthy of a barefoot walk to me, but at least he had strong convictions.
Quote Reply
Re: Well, he is bringing more attention to his cause in death than life. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is a hero for saving the SUV driver's life. She was so busy checking her texts that she would have run off the road if the thump sound of his life ending hadn't alerted her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get the feeling that the word 'activist' is synonymous with 'unemployed'

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Well, he is bringing more attention to his cause in death than life. [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
He is a hero for saving the SUV driver's life. She was so busy checking her texts that she would have run off the road if the thump sound of his life ending hadn't alerted her.

I didn't see anything about texting in the story. You have a link to that info?

I did see this...

Quote:
“The best surface is usually the white line because it’s painted and really smooth,” Baumer said Jan. 7 as he passed through Tallahassee. The line separates the traffic lane from the shoulder on busy roadways.

Guy sounds like an idiot.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Well, he is bringing more attention to his cause in death than life. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course he is an idiot. He is walking across the country in the winter instead of working.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Well, he is bringing more attention to his cause in death than life. [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
I get the feeling that the word 'activist' is synonymous with 'unemployed'

Regardless seems like a multi-month walk anywhere would preclude most forms of employment.

About a decade ago I ran into a Japanese guy pushing one those jogging strollers loaded with his stuff up the mountain pass over the Snowy Range west of Laramie, WY. Didn't speak English well but from what I could gather he was walking from the east coast to the west. Had started something like 5 months earlier in NYC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which led me to research whatever happened to the fat guy riding across America?

"We have been working on continuing since being held up due to heat and resources. Getting getting that squared away and then continuing on. Hopefully will be sharing the good news soon. I have a team behind me now and we are still working out the details of it all as I continue."

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply