Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike fit?
Quote | Reply
A few months back I got fitted before my first sprint on this Road Bike with aero bars I'm currently riding (see pic). I saved the fitting guide (see pic). Here's my question, can this be used to calculate the right size on a tri bike? I'm looking to upgrade.

Thanks for the help. New to all of this.

Michael
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit? [TeamTarrant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And here's the bike fit Spec sheet
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, the pics weren't attaching. Here they are!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Short answer is no.

If you use the data from your modified road bike to find a tri bike, what you will be looking for is an aero road bike.

Go to a fitter with a dynamic sizing cycle that can generate X/Y coordinates (possibly the one you just went to) and have them size you specifically for a sustainable aero position. With the sizing cycle they can test for optimum crank length, different front ends and extension shapes, stem lengths, and play with how steep you can ride comfortably. Once all that is figured out and you have a working position for the type of rider and events you are doing, it is a fairly simple task to generate the stack and reach and geometry of the bike that best fits your position in your budget.

there are a number of good articles here on slowtwitch that reference this process.

Retul Certified Master Fitter, FIST certified fitter, Owner of Hypercat Racing http://www.hypercat.com, and friend to the animals.
Quote Reply