Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Handbag fascination [Kestrel Driver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, what a coincidence! I just got back from a football game - I had a whiskey instead of a beer though. I left the GF basking in the warming glow of the new purse.
Quote Reply
Re: Handbag fascination [Nipsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bags, shoes, cosmetics...all the high end stuff can be really addicting especially if you get a good "deal."

In a true test of my will-power, I gave up shopping for 2005. No clothes, shoes, or bags. I've made it this far with minimal cheating (a pair of shoes for a wedding I was in, and another for a fancy schmancy thing last night.) But other than that nothing. The strange thing is, it was easy. And liberating. Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to January 1st 2006, but all in all it made me realize how much stuff I had, how much $$$ I spend on good deals that would just hang in my closet. I think I'll be a much more selective shopper in the future and either buy things that I really need or absolutely love. No more buying for the sake of buying or because it's on sale. I challenge ya'll to give it a try.
Quote Reply
Re: Handbag fascination [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Bags, shoes, cosmetics...all the high end stuff can be really addicting especially if you get a good "deal."

In a true test of my will-power, I gave up shopping for 2005. No clothes, shoes, or bags. I've made it this far with minimal cheating (a pair of shoes for a wedding I was in, and another for a fancy schmancy thing last night.) But other than that nothing. The strange thing is, it was easy. And liberating. Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to January 1st 2006, but all in all it made me realize how much stuff I had, how much $$$ I spend on good deals that would just hang in my closet. I think I'll be a much more selective shopper in the future and either buy things that I really need or absolutely love. No more buying for the sake of buying or because it's on sale. I challenge ya'll to give it a try.

What TEST of "true willpower????"

You've already failed when you told us about "minimally cheating."

Go out and buy that Prada bag you've always lusted for.

Go!!!

Now!!

- kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey! I don't consider 2 pair of shoes in 11 months a failure. Especially when in previous years it was more like 2 pair of shoes a month. Nope, nothing more for me until 2006. As for the Prada bag, I'd rather have a status symbol bike than a bag. I've been eyeing the Calfee bamboo frame. It's soooooo cool!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]
Hey! I don't consider 2 pair of shoes in 11 months a failure. Especially when in previous years it was more like 2 pair of shoes a month. Nope, nothing more for me until 2006. As for the Prada bag, I'd rather have a status symbol bike than a bag. I've been eyeing the Calfee bamboo frame. It's soooooo cool! [/reply]

Two pair of shoes???? Is that all?

What shoes do you wear the other 247 days?

C'mon...

PradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPrada

PradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPradaPrada

*cough*

*choking*

Goddamn! That's really difficult to say!

- kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, Ok, Ok... I just was checking out Prada bags online to see if they would tempt me. Not my style. I think they need to hire a new bag designer. I'm more of a timbuk2 kinda gal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah, the GF's Coach purse was also followed up very shortly with a Timbuk2 purchase. You two would make fast friends...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ok, Ok, Ok... I just was checking out Prada bags online to see if they would tempt me. Not my style. I think they need to hire a new bag designer. I'm more of a timbuk2 kinda gal.

Ha! Made you look!

Stay focused.

Prada
Prada
Prada..

Repeat after me.

You will change your mind after the Timbuk2 bag loses its sheen.

- kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brother...

You and I should really sit down and talk. Who is controlling whom?

Pretty soon, no more money for the football games or beer! What about that new Kestrel (Yeah, right!), or new P3 set-up you wanted?????

C'mon.

- kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, it's her money - and there's ALWAYS money for beer.

Pregnancy may equal no new bike though...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Ok, Ok, Ok... I just was checking out Prada bags online to see if they would tempt me. Not my style. I think they need to hire a new bag designer. I'm more of a timbuk2 kinda gal.[/reply]

I LOVE the timbuk2 bags!! Just before Hawaii I bought two more--a laptop bag and matching bag for a carryon.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Is it me, or is women's fashion just a narcissist's desire to have women dress homogenously?
Quote Reply
Re: Handbag fascination [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a total handbag junkie. My boyfriend is currently creating plans for a new house he's building and my only request had to do with closet space and a designated storage area for my handbags. Last week I went to Macy's looking specifically for a new attache case (unsuccesfully) and emerged with a fabulous new Guess purse.

A related fetish I have is shoes. Bought 5 new pair in LA on Saturday. We just have ne decent shoe shopping here in Hawaii so I go crazy when I get to a DSW. Then we went to a dinner party that included my boyfriend's ex (somehow we ended up seated together) and she loved my shoes and bag! I liked her. Proper accessorizing can make a awkward situation pleasant.......kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hey, it's her money - and there's ALWAYS money for beer.

Pregnancy may equal no new bike though...

Okay. ONE TIME exemption for baby.

After that, you gotta get start keeping the wallet.

Congratulations!!

- kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Re: Handbag fascination [EWH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Is it me, or is women's fashion just a narcissist's desire to have women dress homogenously?

Narcissism notwithstanding...

Prada = quality, passion, desire, panache', the seven sins, high heels; you know, all the simple things women deserve.

- kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply

Prev Next