Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Divided States of America [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So calling a bigot a bigot is not name calling.

What is it when you call a non-bigot a bigot?
Quote Reply
Re: Divided States of America [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:

False accusation. And we all know that's what Perseus was getting at with his message that Ken and Barry decided to spin into something he didn't intend or imply.

i.e. typical Wednesday in the LR.
Last edited by: Brownie28: Jan 25, 17 10:48
Quote Reply
Re: Divided States of America [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
Bumble Bee wrote:

False accusation. And we all know that's what Perseus was getting at with his message that Ken and Barry decided to spin into something he didn't intend or imply.

Sure, but Perseus was still wrong that name calling is somehow the province of the left. The right is just as bad, the names are just different. I can't tell you how may times I've read the term "libtard" over the years.
Quote Reply
Re: Divided States of America [Watown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watown wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
Bumble Bee wrote:

Sure, but Perseus was still wrong that name calling is somehow the province of the left. The right is just as bad, the names are just different. I can't tell you how may times I've read the term "libtard" over the years.

Or how infrequently Obama was called his actual name.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Divided States of America [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot of people are addicted to a kind of anger feedback loop. I know so many people who aren't 'satisfied' unless they can find something to hate on all day. The media capitalizes on that. So many people wake up in the morning, throw on Fox and Friends, get angry, and feel good about themselves. Others come home, throw on Rachel M and get a nice anger fix to help them snuggle into bed at night. It's pretty hilarious how angry and miserable folks like to make themselves on a daily basis. I think it's probably because they are bored with their lives.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: Divided States of America [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Per usual, shifting the narrative and making shit up. I'm sure that quote you put together is exactly what Perseus originally meant, and not the idea of people being called racist or sexist for merely stating common-place conservative viewpoints.

Interesting how you copied a response to Vitus and then said that it wasn't what Perseus meant. Yes, there are two conversations going on.

One is about who is doing the name calling. The other is about what exactly constitutes name calling.

With regard to the first, Perseus tried to limit the conversation of "name calling" to only names the the left calls the right. Well no shit. Yeah, only the left calls the right the things that they specifically call the right.

Quote:
General opposition to Obama was labeled racist over and over again.

And people who stand for women's rights are called feminazis.
General opposition to Trump are called libtards.
If you voted for Obama, you are a far left radical communist.
If you oppose racism, you are a little snow flake who needs a safe space to cry in.

What's your point?

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Divided States of America [iO4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iO4 wrote:
A lot of people are addicted to a kind of anger feedback loop. I know so many people who aren't 'satisfied' unless they can find something to hate on all day. The media capitalizes on that. So many people wake up in the morning, throw on Fox and Friends, get angry, and feel good about themselves. Others come home, throw on Rachel M and get a nice anger fix to help them snuggle into bed at night. It's pretty hilarious how angry and miserable folks like to make themselves on a daily basis. I think it's probably because they are bored with their lives.

Judging from the drivel coming from both sides of the spectrum on my Facebook feed, I believe this. I've decided to "resist" by posting gratuitous Golden Retriever photos and panda cub videos.

Quote | Reply
I believe this. I've decided to "resist" by posting gratuitous Golden Retriever photos and panda cub videos.

I have a golden and have probably seen every video on golden puppies out there. My only new "friends" on FB include, "I love my golden retriever" and "Golden Retriever Lovers".

Now, instead of reading how the world is ending because of Trump or by following every little detail of his day, I get to see golden retriever puppies. I challenge anyone to watch those and not get a good chuckle and if they don't, I'll unfriend them...
Quote Reply
Re: Divided States of America [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do I come to the LR? It just depresses me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next