Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

S-Works Trivent Update
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any information on a new release of the S-Works Trivent tri shoes? I am trying to get some in the UK but everywhere lists them as out of stock untill early February. Is this due to a new model being released?

Practise doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect!
Quote Reply
Re: S-Works Trivent Update [PrimalSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PrimalSteve wrote:
Does anyone have any information on a new release of the S-Works Trivent tri shoes? I am trying to get some in the UK but everywhere lists them as out of stock untill early February. Is this due to a new model being released?

Have you been on the S-work trivents for quite a while? Have you looked at other shoes, or are you just set on Trivents? Fwiw, Trivents were my very first shoe.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: S-Works Trivent Update [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Thomas. Currently I am using some old Scott Carbon Tri tri shoes though they are starting to fall apart. I have tried on the original model of the Trivents and found them very comfortable, though couldn't afford them at the time. As I am now looking for new shoes, I am open to suggestions, though there are no good brick and mortar stores that stock tri specific stuff around me so was going to stick with what I knew fitted. I'd be interested to hear why you switched away from the trivent though.

I love the posts you have regarding the Giros, though I could not justify spending that amount to cut them up! Again, availability is also an issue (I would want to be able to return them easily if they didnt fit nicely in the first place).

Practise doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are in the UK, Sigma Sports seems to stock them (Giros). I would assume that would be easy to return to!
Quote Reply
Re: S-Works Trivent Update [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just had a look on Sigma sport, they do indeed stock them but are £75 more than wiggle...who don't have my size :(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PrimalSteve wrote:
Hi Thomas. Currently I am using some old Scott Carbon Tri tri shoes though they are starting to fall apart. I have tried on the original model of the Trivents and found them very comfortable, though couldn't afford them at the time. As I am now looking for new shoes, I am open to suggestions, though there are no good brick and mortar stores that stock tri specific stuff around me so was going to stick with what I knew fitted. I'd be interested to hear why you switched away from the trivent though.

I love the posts you have regarding the Giros, though I could not justify spending that amount to cut them up! Again, availability is also an issue (I would want to be able to return them easily if they didnt fit nicely in the first place).

I realize my Giro Empire SLX are a bit expensive, take a look at the LG LA84 - they are a very inexpensive set of lace-ups by Louis Garneau. I don't have any testing data, but they look more aero than a buckle, strap shoes.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With both the Giro, and the LG being fully enclosed, have you experienced any issues with sweaty feet, inducing rubbing? Or in a similar vein a lack of drainage post swim?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PrimalSteve wrote:
With both the Giro, and the LG being fully enclosed, have you experienced any issues with sweaty feet, inducing rubbing? Or in a similar vein a lack of drainage post swim?

Well, that is an added bonus to cutting the tongue IMO, better ventilation. I don't really give it to much thought, but if it was an issue, I would have noticed it. The fact that I haven't noticed, it is a non-issue IMO. Regardless you an always drill your own holes etc if you really wanted.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yet another good point! It's hard to find issue with the Gerlach Empire SLX! I might have to order a pair to see how they fit before proceeding.

Was it just the aerodynamic advantage that caused the move away from the trivent? I know that you like to try to eek out every saving possible.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PrimalSteve wrote:
Yet another good point! It's hard to find issue with the Gerlach Empire SLX! I might have to order a pair to see how they fit before proceeding.

Was it just the aerodynamic advantage that caused the move away from the trivent? I know that you like to try to eek out every saving possible.

No, I haven't been on the Trivent in year and I haven't followed the Trivent since the Boa release with all those *features* that made the shoe weigh over 300 grams each. You think about it now, a pair of Giro Empire SLX weigh almost half that so you save 300 grams right there. I was on the Pearl Izumi Octane which were sub 200 grams which is basically why I got them. I didn't know the shoes were fast, but I had a suspicion that they could be. The real reason, I bought them initially, is because they were even lighter than the Pearls and I believe they had a lower stack height too, which I never talked about in my experience.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
PrimalSteve wrote:

I realize my Giro Empire SLX are a bit expensive, take a look at the LG LA84 - they are a very inexpensive set of lace-ups by Louis Garneau. I don't have any testing data, but they look more aero than a buckle, strap shoes.

I'm looking at the LG LA84 and this look really nice. Do you have any idea what, if any, difference the LG Milan Road shoe is? It looks like the Milan is a Performance Bike exclusive model.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The LG L.A. 84 so far for me is nothing short of spectacular for the low price ... I haven't raced in it yet, but took it to Dubai without overheating problems. Haven't tried it yet in humid conditions and I haven't cut the tongue yet either. I think the frontal area of the LG is a bit bigger than the Giro SLX.

I raced the old Spesh Trivent (2008 model) before and got the Trivent Expert last year and the fit is very different, I hate the fit around the ankles of the new model. Don't know if the fit of the S-Works Trivent is similar though.
Quote Reply
Re: S-Works Trivent Update [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having never tried the Giro SLX, is it correctly understood it is not suitable for wide feet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI when Wiggle gets the next shipment their prices will shoot up. Wiggle has started playing this game of putting sale prices on items they don't have in stock so when you search online for the product they come up as cheapest option even though they aren't actually selling the item. When the stock arrives they immediately put their prices back up. The other thing they have started to do is add singular odd size last season models within the page for new items. They then list the price of everything as ranging from/starting at the price of the singular discounted item. When you select what you actually want the price then returns back to MSRP. Just advertising gimmicks to enhance their google shopping results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PrimalSteve wrote:

I would be surprised if there was a new version this year, as it was only updated last year if I remember correctly. I still have a brand new pair in the cupboard, put off using them as I was having an Achilles problem at the time and thought this was related to bikes shoes, do intend to revisit this year.

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: S-Works Trivent Update [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:
FYI when Wiggle gets the next shipment their prices will shoot up. Wiggle has started playing this game of putting sale prices on items they don't have in stock so when you search online for the product they come up as cheapest option even though they aren't actually selling the item. When the stock arrives they immediately put their prices back up. The other thing they have started to do is add singular odd size last season models within the page for new items. They then list the price of everything as ranging from/starting at the price of the singular discounted item. When you select what you actually want the price then returns back to MSRP. Just advertising gimmicks to enhance their google shopping results.

Interesting catch.I'll have to keep any eye out for that. I have seen a lot of smoking prices and then notice they are sold out.

Quote Reply
Re: S-Works Trivent Update [jakesdk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jakesdk wrote:
Having never tried the Giro SLX, is it correctly understood it is not suitable for wide feet?

I am not sure - I looked at them in my LBS and they looked narrow to me, but I didn't try them on. Great looking shoe.
Quote Reply