JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:
JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:
JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:
JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:

can you tell me what we are seeing differently? what i meant? clearly, you cannot, if you think it was off topic.

I think you are so far lost in the weeds that neither you nor I can tell what you "meant."

you feel most republicans are not defending him correct?

Defending what? His official actions in office? Nothing to defend. His personal conduct? No, "most" republicans are not "defending" his personal conduct.

you and i are seeing different things.

Ok. Show me ANYTHING that suggests that "most" republicans are "defending" his personal conduct.

show me where most arent. you made the claim. i just disagreed with you. i disagreed with you based on what ive seen and heard. i just said we are seeing different things, why are you struggling with this?

No, kiddo. You made the claim and you did so through your insanely biased glasses. You made the claim when no one made a claim to the contrary. Thus, you bear the burden.

We are seeing different things. The fact that we have a disagreement is evidence of that. It's a simple observation that you and I are seeing different things. It may be due to our cognitive biases. I'm not disputing that. I'm simply pointing out that we are seeing different things. You either agree with that assessment or you do not. The fact that you're arguing with me about it shows that we are in disagreement on what we see.

Veganerd, I know you think you are scoring internet points by backing JSA into a logic corner for-the-win on some point that only you now what is, but no one knows WTF you are talking about.

Just a random comment from a bystander.

Quote Reply
Re: How long until Trump voters start.... [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
vitus979 wrote:
So, as long as he supports Trump when Trump is implementing policy that Ryan agrees with anyway, he's "getting in line" and minimizing and overlooking Trump's behavior?

What should Ryan and the Republicans do? Shun Trump altogether? Oppose Trump when he's implementing policy that they favor?

It's not up to me to tell the Republicans what to do . . . nor does my claim have anything to do with whether Ryan supports Trumps policies or not . . . I am merely defining 'overlooking' as working to get Trump elected and working with Trump after the election in spite of Trump's behavior.

Using that logic, Team Donkey supported, advocated for, and endorsed a rapist and a husband of a rapist hell bent on destroying victims of rape.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: How long until Trump voters start.... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Using that logic, Team Donkey supported, advocated for, and endorsed a rapist and a husband of a rapist hell bent on destroying victims of rape.

Yes. To the extent Clinton was accused and found guilty of rape. But yes the dems supported his behavior - they overlooked it
Quote Reply
Re: How long until Trump voters start.... [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
veganerd wrote:
JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:
JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:
JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:
JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:

can you tell me what we are seeing differently? what i meant? clearly, you cannot, if you think it was off topic.

I think you are so far lost in the weeds that neither you nor I can tell what you "meant."

you feel most republicans are not defending him correct?

Defending what? His official actions in office? Nothing to defend. His personal conduct? No, "most" republicans are not "defending" his personal conduct.

you and i are seeing different things.

Ok. Show me ANYTHING that suggests that "most" republicans are "defending" his personal conduct.

show me where most arent. you made the claim. i just disagreed with you. i disagreed with you based on what ive seen and heard. i just said we are seeing different things, why are you struggling with this?

No, kiddo. You made the claim and you did so through your insanely biased glasses. You made the claim when no one made a claim to the contrary. Thus, you bear the burden.

We are seeing different things. The fact that we have a disagreement is evidence of that. It's a simple observation that you and I are seeing different things. It may be due to our cognitive biases. I'm not disputing that. I'm simply pointing out that we are seeing different things. You either agree with that assessment or you do not. The fact that you're arguing with me about it shows that we are in disagreement on what we see.

Veganerd, I know you think you are scoring internet points by backing JSA into a logic corner for-the-win on some point that only you now what is, but no one knows WTF you are talking about.

Just a random comment from a bystander.

Do we ever? Despite actually enjoying talking with Vegan in real life, I really don't like engaging with him in most threads. His arguments devolve into fine point logic arguments that miss the big picture, or are just in poor taste (religion threads).

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: How long until Trump voters start.... [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
JSA wrote:

Yes. To the extent Clinton was accused and found guilty of rape. But yes the dems supported his behavior - they overlooked it

That's ridiculous. You can support a person's political agenda while condemning their personal failings. It isn't a binary decision.

I have long said I think Clinton was a good president and a horrible person. It isn't one or the other. Supporting his political actions does not mean you support his personal misconduct. It likewise does not mean you overlook his personal failings.

I'm not sure what you expect the GOP to do regarding Trump.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: How long until Trump voters start.... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

At least this dude fought back...https://youtu.be/AHC-qwXVe7U[/quote[/url]]

First one was disturbing with most of the punches being thrown when the trump supporters weren't looking.

Second one, it's a shame the girl got hit. Sounded like she said let them pass. It seemed like she threw the first punch and they all had masks on so not sure he could really tell. The one who should've gotten clocked was the tool with the flag.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: How long until Trump voters start.... [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What should Ryan and the Republicans do? Shun Trump altogether? Oppose Trump when he's implementing policy that they favor?

Free-trade interesting because historically, that has been a core Republican policy. Trump came in and ripped up the TPP and also said he will renegotiate NAFTA and I haven't heard a peep from anyone. A few years ago, Ryan wrote on his website that the TPP would create lots of jobs and that it should be passed.

Maybe I've missed it but I haven't heard any pushback from Republicans on Trump over free-trade. Maybe they are waiting to see how much better the deals will be when Trump is done, and they will be way better, but for him to cancel the TPP without a peep from the Republicans is a little strange, at least to me.
Quote Reply
Re: How long until Trump voters start.... [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Free-trade interesting because historically, that has been a core Republican policy. Trump came in and ripped up the TPP and also said he will renegotiate NAFTA and I haven't heard a peep from anyone.

Kinda. There's always been the free trade wing of the party, and the globalist wing of the party, and a protectionist wing of the party.

but for him to cancel the TPP without a peep from the Republicans is a little strange, at least to me.

Everything I've read about it says TPP was dead in Congress already, due to opposition from both parties. Wouldn't be much point in squawking about Trump's order killing it when that order was symbolic anyway. (To be fair, it had supporters from both parties, too. But it was already dead.)

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: How long until Trump voters start.... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

His official actions thus far have been his cabinet selections. I haven't read too many republicans politicians attacking those even the more extreme picks like HUD and Education. Possible I might have missed it over the whining from the left.
Quote Reply
Re: How long until Trump voters start.... [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
JSA wrote:

His official actions thus far have been his cabinet selections. I haven't read too many republicans politicians attacking those even the more extreme picks like HUD and Education. Possible I might have missed it over the whining from the left.

As a R and someone who didn't vote for Trump I am quite pleased across the board with his picks for VP and cabinet. Had I known ahead of the election these would be his picks they may have swayed me enough to vote for him.

Everyone of the to a person is more conservative than Trump has demonstrated.

The whining from the left simply confirms how I feel.

I have attacked and will attack Trump regularly. One of the few things that has stopped my attacks on him is his picks. They are the first things he has done in my memory that I would classify conservative.
Quote Reply
Re: How long until Trump voters start.... [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re-read the OP. Trump voters "or Republican's in general"

veganerd wrote:
JSA wrote:
Are you serious? June 16, 2015. Use the search function and look for my old posts.

Wow.

i thought you voted for someone else.
Quote Reply
Re: How long until Trump voters start.... [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
but they are overlooking and/or minimizing his behavior.

Seems like Trump came under quite a bit of criticism from Republicans for his behavior. I don't think it was overlooked or minimized, on the whole.

If you mean they got on board to elect him, and are trying to work with him politically, sure.

Eh; Tomato, Tomahto... The same guys who complained we needed to "drain the swamp" because Hillary suffered too much influence from big corporate donors, now voting in support to appoint uber-wealthy corporate execs to cabinet posts? I guess that's one way to minimize donor influence ~ just cut out the politician in the middle and simply put the oligarchs directly in charge! That's real(R) democracy!

Of course they don't care about Trump's behavior. They only complained about it before cuz it looked bad at the time (because of course it did) and they didn't want the stink to rub off on them when it appeared his campaign was imploding; but now as long as they can keep riding the train where they wanna go, he could ass-rape a donkey on live TV and they'd all be like "Huh, what donkey...?"
Quote Reply
Re: How long until Trump voters start.... [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bone Idol wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
How long until Trump voters and Republicans in general start to denounce him as:
- Not a real conservative
- Not a real right winger
- Not a real Republican
- or any of the general "no true scotsman" arguments

Lets start a pool.

I'll take August 2017.

The greatest source of schadenfreude in the whole Trump debacle is knowing what a colossal act of auto-sodomy the regressives have committed upon themselves. I'm sure that many more will try to distance themselves from him as he proceeds to be exactly what he has already shown himself to be. The fact is, though, anyone who has supported the GOP in the past 20 years or more has helped create President Trump. "Real" Republicanism became so toxic that actual Republicans preferred to change it to Trumpism. I don't imagine Trumpism has a long term future, though. The GOP will have to evolve again, perhaps even taking the scary leap into the 21st century.

Do you really believe half the idiocy you write?
Quote Reply

Prev Next