Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 650C Wheel/Tire/Latex Tube Options in 2017 [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question, I bought the Terry in 2012, and I had to buy through a Specilized or Trek dealer (can't remember) because they bought out Terry. However the bike was still badged as a Terry.

Let me look and I will PM you. Good quality small bikes are for sure a touch market if you are a customer.

Travis R wrote:
mfrassica wrote:
Terry bikes still makes 650 road bikes,

Do they still make bikes? I know they did, but their website doesn't show any bikes anymore (other than how you can win a Terry bicycle at the bottom). I wonder if they got out of the bike game?
Quote Reply
Re: 650C Wheel/Tire/Latex Tube Options in 2017 [mfrassica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If my memory serves me well (and it often doesn't), I swear Terry listed bikes on their website in 2016.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just checked Terry site. And they do not list bikes! My memory came back and I had to use a Fuji dealer to buy the Terry.

I checked the Fuji site to see if they took over the sizes. They did list women's size 44, but with 700 wheel size. That has to look off IMO.

Travis R wrote:
If my memory serves me well (and it often doesn't), I swear Terry listed bikes on their website in 2016.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I have data, I'm going to keep it private it's really only valid for a relative ranking of the tires and can't be directly compared with the numbers that say, Tom A. comes up with, you really need to be very robust in your procedures to come up with numbers that are valid on an absolute sense. But I do enough ABAB type of runs and get consistent enough data to be confident in the relative rankings.

Theoretically 650C tires should rolll a bit worse than 700C tires because of the small wheel diameter but I'd say that the 4000s seemed to roll about the same as the 700C tires I tested. Unfortunately there are a lot of 700C tire that roll better than the 4000s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Renn 555 disc is still available in 650c.

+1. Got one on order now. It's a true structural disc, unlike the HED Jet, which is a fairing over spokes. These are now being built with 24mm rim. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the shape of this disc works well behind aero chainstays like those on the P3.

Also, it appears that HED has cut back on 650c wheel offerings. Used to be able to get H3, H3D, 60, 90 and disc in 650c. Not sure what is available now.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: 650C Wheel/Tire/Latex Tube Options in 2017 [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the thoughts on this. I can certainly understand being hesitant to share the data. With so few choices, it seems the 4000S IIs are about as good as the 650C folks are gonna get.

On a related note, I've been hearing from a few different sources that Cervelo has dropped the 650C (size 45) P3. I don't know if anybody here can confirm that for sure. The specs are still listed on the website, and I don't know if the same is potentially true for the P2 and P5.

If true, that doesn't leave very many 650C tri bikes. Of the brands I gather data on, I think just the QR Fit Series bikes and the Felt B series are currently offered in 650C.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Giant promised a Trinity/Avow in XXS, with a 650c front wheel - and didn't deliver. The owner of major Giant UK shops tried his best, the Asian distribution channels tried, but apparently that bike only exists on the charts, not in the real world.

Likewise, Quintana Roo launched their PR6 with the promise of a 650c-wheeled size (46?), but that never appeared in the real world and was quietly dropped.

Felt still offers the B-series in 650c (and the IA in a similar-sized 700c), Trek still offers the Speed Concept in 650c XS (possibly only through Project 1, but it's there), Cannondale makes the 650c Slice. Our local Cervelo rep says P2/3s are definitely still available in 45 (just not stocked), he's not sure about the P5-6 because of the fork/beard.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: 650C Wheel/Tire/Latex Tube Options in 2017 [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can sealant be used on a latex tube folded like that?

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: 650C Wheel/Tire/Latex Tube Options in 2017 [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
Can sealant be used on a latex tube folded like that?

Yes it can as the folds are pinned tightly against the tire casing with a continuous tube running the whole way round so the sealant isn't "trapped".

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply

Prev Next