Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: best frame for cx/gravel/road [Blainyboy8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a Giant TCX after cross season ended. I've not had the opportunity to throw it around a CX course yet, but maaaaaaan I love this thing. Can't wait. Coming off an AL Focus Mares that's about 5 years old. Huge upgrade. At least give it a look.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/tcx-advanced-pro-1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't work at a shop but ride a BMC GranFondo and know some of the guys I ride with have the Crossmachine and love it. Swap out the tires and I think you would have a great Road Bike/Tri Bike.
Quote Reply
Re: best frame for cx/gravel/road [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Purchased a slightly used TCX for my son. We also got a second wheelset that we outfitted with Little 500 race tires. (I think Gatorskins are fast in comparison.) Its been on gravel and road rides so far and seems to be an excellent bike. He got a 61 and it fits like a true XL. David K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blainyboy8 wrote:
whats anyones opinion on what frame works best for the occasional cx race, decent amount of road, and some gravel/dirt road riding. let me here your thoughts?
Diverge?
Crux?
Boone?

my thought is pretty much any cx bike with disc brakes, the right gearing, and two sets of wheels, and I should be good to go. not super super serious about any one of the three disciplines but do get a little competitive from time to time.

I can't recommend the GT Grade enough. Especially the carbon model. It's an awesome bike for doing just about everything (except tri) pretty well.
Quote Reply

Prev Next