Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin crank arm magnet
Quote | Reply
I currently zip tie it, is there a better way? It sometimes shifts a little messing with readings. It's the magnet that comes with a Garmin speed and cadence sensor.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin crank arm magnet [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is my setup :

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin crank arm magnet [WD Pro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Omg amazing! How did you do that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's just an eBay magnet on the end of the pedal axle and some satin vinyl for asthetics / keeping the sh1t out of the hole :-)

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin crank arm magnet [WD Pro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome, for some reason my brain never thought to think of using other magnets.

The Satin Vinyl looks pro!

Thanks

WD Pro wrote:
It's just an eBay magnet on the end of the pedal axle and some satin vinyl for asthetics / keeping the sh1t out of the hole :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like you got your solution.

An alternative is ditching the magnet sensor altogether and replacing it with accelerometer sensors:

https://www.amazon.com/...s=garmin+bike+sensor

No magnets, on the crank or the wheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Awesome, for some reason my brain never thought to think of using other magnets.

The Satin Vinyl looks pro!

Thanks

WD Pro wrote:

FYI, instead of an eBay magnet, search on amazon or the likes for a 1/2" N42 rare earth magnet. I originally bought one of these that was branded as a low profile cadence magnet: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085N7KDY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Turns out there were exactly the same as the 1/2" N42 magnets that I purchased later on (for a make my own fridge magnet project). I found that out when I lost one and saw that those magnets was pretty much the exact same size. (lost it due to it sticking to another piece of steel on my under BB stand that I use to lube my chain...inside crank arm got a little too close to the metal arm of the stand when I was setting it up).

Buying a 10 pack of the N42 magnets is about the same price as the 1 that I listed above. Works the exact same. Nice part is it is a solid piece so it will cover the pedal hex cavity so no need for another cover.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin crank arm magnet [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah to be fair I just bought magnets of the correct diameter from eBay so they fit well - and then covered it up anyway ... lol

Since been swapped for a thinner type as I swapped pedals and the axle was a bit longer on the new ones :-)

Quote Reply