Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A Huff Post Article Actually Worth Reading [Trek's CEO Speech For Trump]...
Quote | Reply
Many reasonable ideas and, perhaps, if The Frump had taken just such a tack during his inauguration, there would be hope for him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...93a1e4b03e071c14fde4

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Re: A Huff Post Article Actually Worth Reading [Trek's CEO Speech For Trump]... [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:
Many reasonable ideas and, perhaps, if The Frump had taken just such a tack during his inauguration, there would be hope for him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...93a1e4b03e071c14fde4

I read. Some good ideas some pie in the sky ones

Couple of observations:
1). He immediately says he is neither D nor R. My BS detector starts flashing....... Why did I need to know that in order to evaluate the rest

2) this is a campaign speech not an inagural speech. And the question I have (not negative) is realistically would anyone who laid these points out in a campaign ever be put in a position to give an inaugural address

3). By the time he finished point #1 there would be vomit all over the stage and front rows and potentially some politician from one of those trying to cut his mic off......

4) the gov of his state enacted point #2 at a state level. His sister ran against that gov over this point.

5). Most of the "apologies" in the preamble should be delivered on a one to one level not in a public speech. Many of them should receive return apologies.

Overall I enjoyed the read
Quote Reply
Re: A Huff Post Article Actually Worth Reading [Trek's CEO Speech For Trump]... [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll be honest. I voted for Mr. Trump, even though I think he’s far from perfect. This country needs a course correction, and I didn’t see any of the other Republican candidates, and certainly neither of the Democratic candidates, being capable of delivering it. I’m not foolish enough to think that Mr. Trump is going to be able to do everything he said he was going to do.

I watched the Inaugural address and, frankly, there were times when I cringed. I was hoping that, for at least this one very important speech, he would say some conciliatory things like those suggested in the above-linked HuffPo article, but obviously he mostly reiterated the things he had been saying at campaign events for the last year or so. (He's a terrible orator, I'll admit.) He needlessly wasted a great opportunity to mend some fences.
But, like it or not, that speech reflected exactly who he is. He’s a gruff, self-confident and yes, I’ll admit, an egotistical businessman—most definitely not a politician—who loves his country and thinks he can point it in a better direction. He’s a battler. Go after him, and he’ll come right back at you. That’s the only way he’s been able to survive the overwhelmingly negative reporting about him by the news media this past year. (Our news media is despicable.) For the record, I don’t believe for a moment that he’s a racist, misogynist, anti-gay, anti-Muslim, anti-Semite, etc.

I hope he succeeds in turning this country around. We’re in a huge mess, and there are some very serious economic, national defense and other issues that need to be addressed. He has a monumental job ahead of him. I’m willing to give him a chance.
Quote Reply