Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If Trump Doesn't Take A Salary...
Quote | Reply
Can he actually be The President since he would technically qualify as a volunteer, not as an employee of the government.

Not that I believe for a moment he won't take his salary, he's far too greedy for that.

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Re: If Trump Doesn't Take A Salary... [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:
Can he actually be The President since he would technically qualify as a volunteer, not as an employee of the government.

Not that I believe for a moment he won't take his salary, he's far too greedy for that.
Whether or not he takes the full salary, he's already commented on this and many reports have been written about it. He has to take something, and so he's said he'd take $1.

You have some issues. I'm serious, step away from the computer, ignore politics and the news for a while and live your life. Things won't be much better or worse in four years than they are now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:

If he did not accept a salary, it would neither technically nor legally make him a volunteer. He would be paid. What he chose to do with the money would be up to him.

Here: http://webapps.dol.gov/.../docs/volunteers.asp

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: If Trump Doesn't Take A Salary... [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:

Whether or not he takes the full salary, he's already commented on this and many reports have been written about it. He has to take something, and so he's said he'd take $1.

You have some issues. I'm serious, step away from the computer, ignore politics and the news for a while and live your life. Things won't be much better or worse in four years than they are now.

I hadn't read where he said he would accept $1.00 in compensation. As far as my greed comment goes: "Republican primary front-runner Donald Trump on Saturday described himself as a 'very greedy person,'" so I don't think it was out of line.

The issues I have have nothing to do with too much time spent on the computer or politics. If you look at my history of posting you will find I have only become seriously active in the last couple of months as I am bored out of my mind while recovering from two herniated disks between L3, L4, and L5. The six plus months of 'convalescence' has left me with ample energy to 'poke the bear'. I am merely having fun while my back heals. Once I can ride again I will disappear into the ether from whence I emerged. If my postings bother you that much perhaps you should either hope for a speedier recovery or spend more less time reading my posts.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Once I can ride again I will disappear into the ether from whence I emerged.

I hope the best for your speedy recovery. That being said, the LR can become quite addictive. We'll have to see if you just disappear.
Last edited by: SH: Jan 21, 17 12:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're really grasping for the life boat now.

He's taking a salary and giving it away.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: If Trump Doesn't Take A Salary... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
You're really grasping for the life boat now.

He's taking a salary and giving it away.

So I now understand. I try to avoid reading Pro-Frump articles as they would throw a cold blanket on my current source of amusement.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Were JFK and Hoover actually presidents? There's your answer.
Quote Reply