Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Motorbikes. Husqvarna 2011 BMW pre KTM someone here may know answer
Quote | Reply
If i were looking at a bike of that age. Am i going to run in to problems with availability of parts?

Wheels, forks, brakes, chasis - no, can all be substituted

What about engine parts?

Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Motorbikes. Husqvarna 2011 BMW pre KTM someone here may know answer [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep you will, buy domestic!

Andrewmc wrote:
If i were looking at a bike of that age. Am i going to run in to problems with availability of parts?

Wheels, forks, brakes, chasis - no, can all be substituted

What about engine parts?

Any thoughts?
Last edited by: windschatten: Jan 22, 17 2:27
Quote Reply
Re: Motorbikes. Husqvarna 2011 BMW pre KTM someone here may know answer [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your in the U.S. , parts for those brands will be more expensive and you will probably wait longer for them. Out of those you mentioned, KTM would probably be the more accessable of the three but still pricey compared to the big Jap brands.
What kind of riding are you interested in ?
Quote Reply
Re: Motorbikes. Husqvarna 2011 BMW pre KTM someone here may know answer [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As an aside ktm sell more bikes in california than europe and they are cheaper

The husky is a used dakar bike for use in europe / north africa. I'm guessing engine rebuild kits for 6 year old bikes are available?
Quote Reply
Re: Motorbikes. Husqvarna 2011 BMW pre KTM someone here may know answer [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im sure they are. If your looking for a dakar/baja type bike ,or anything off road, you cant go wrong with ktm though.
Quote Reply
Re: Motorbikes. Husqvarna 2011 BMW pre KTM someone here may know answer [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. I did not realise the husky i'm looking at is one year prior to ktm buying them out

I've an exc440, but this is a fia compliant dakar bike for 50% of my ktm new.......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If its a smokin deal and well taken care of , go for it. Do you plan to race? Other wise filters, pads, chain , sprockets , clutch plates is all you might need to look into as far as parts go. For a while at least.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree. I think it probably is and new a ktm 450 same rally spec new is at least 3 times as much...........

We'll see if we can work something out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes! Price is what kept us from buying huskys or ktm this year, although they sure are sweet. We went with the new honda crf450 . Still almost 10k
Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. Exc 450 is best part of 9k euros but yamaha is less than 500 cheaper in europe

Given 500. I'd take the ktm every time
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For a comparable mx bike here in the us, ktm is 1500-2k $ more , however they literally come with all the aftermarket goodies you usually end up buying anyways. The new honda is violently fast this year though. And as slim as a 125 :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So its less than 500 euro's, perhaps even closer and "out of the box" ktm just crush......

Though to be fair i'm pretty certain any bike that won the mx worlds in the early 70's is to much bike for me.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol, both ktm and husky 450's are making 60hp out of the box, highest in the field. Only make still using steel frames yet still the lightest. Love that . Aluminum is too rigid for my vet ass.
Quote Reply