Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anyone have womens at the marches today? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She ruined the word "nasty" for me forever.

I won't watch her two movies ever again.

Re: Anyone have womens at the marches today? [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
She ruined the word "nasty" for me forever.

I won't watch her two movies ever again.

I bet she smells nasty.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have womens at the marches today? [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:

my wife doesn't have to bitch and complain about these things. I readily admit she and my daughter are way tougher than my sons and I over these things. Beyond that, just the common cold puts me in bed complaining for days while my wife's leg would actually have to fall off (not just be dangling by a thread) to get her to not get out of bed, take care of the kids, go to work etc etc.

She is way tougher than me. I have mad respect and love for my wife. I am not sure how 2 politically opposite people could survive without it. EDIT: I don't mean to imply you don't re: your wife. Looks like you do.

I don't think my wife knows or cares about the tax issue. Equal pay, gay rights, abortion rights, union rights, she's all over. Big picture stuff (for her).

My wife, my daughter, their friends etc etc didn't march on Sat. One of the reasons I joined this thread was to understand the march more because I would expect them to. Unfortunately when I see Ashley Judd bitching about a tax on tampons and calling a President someone dipped in Cheeto dust I have a better understanding of why they didn't join in. Either they weren't made well enough aware of the issues of Sat (possible) or the real issues (to them) took a back seat (from their point of view).

Yeah, I get all of that. And I agree, my wife said it was a great experience but it was strange and disappointing that there was no focused, centralized point of rallying. But I do know at least from her perspective where the issues lie and I'm with her on a lot of them. I did mention in both my posts (I believe) that the tampon thing is just one of those minor points of contention, and I think it's a slam dunk, especially one that I think fiscal conservatives should get behind: if a state doesn't tax necessities, tampons should be on that 'necessities' list. Simple, quick-hitter imo. There are bigger discussions to be had about equal rights/equal pay/abortion/etc that are far more contentious and much of which I don't agree with liberals or my wife, but this one at least seems like a no-brainer.

And I'll also say what I said to my wife: the 78% 'wage gap' thing, the comments by Madonna and Ashley Judd, this is the BS that people look at and say how can we have a real debate and come up with policies when this is the shit we're hearing from the left? So while I think the energy from Saturday was great, while I think women feeling empowered is fantastic, I think it can be misdirected or derailed by bogus 'stats', talking points and movement leaders.
Last edited by: Brownie28: Jan 23, 17 13:00
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have womens at the marches today? [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
ironmayb wrote:

I must admit, despite being married to and surrounded by liberal and feminist women this is the first I am hearing about the atrocity of a tax on tampons.

In any case, you must admit this message resonates just a bit louder when it is delivered by someone who has led as oppressed a life as Ashley Judd has......

Yeah I mean it's not a big thing, at least to my knowledge. But it's one of those annoyances, and I do get where it's coming from: being a female comes with some additional shit that men don't have to deal with, menstruation, pregnancy, menopause. Some feminists will bitch and complain and talk about how much stronger females are because of these burdens. But my wife's take is simple: don't tax the costs of that extra burden, which is only burdensome because of gender.

I know what my womens are getting for their birthdays.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
ironmayb wrote:

my wife doesn't have to bitch and complain about these things. I readily admit she and my daughter are way tougher than my sons and I over these things. Beyond that, just the common cold puts me in bed complaining for days while my wife's leg would actually have to fall off (not just be dangling by a thread) to get her to not get out of bed, take care of the kids, go to work etc etc.

She is way tougher than me. I have mad respect and love for my wife. I am not sure how 2 politically opposite people could survive without it. EDIT: I don't mean to imply you don't re: your wife. Looks like you do.

I don't think my wife knows or cares about the tax issue. Equal pay, gay rights, abortion rights, union rights, she's all over. Big picture stuff (for her).

My wife, my daughter, their friends etc etc didn't march on Sat. One of the reasons I joined this thread was to understand the march more because I would expect them to. Unfortunately when I see Ashley Judd bitching about a tax on tampons and calling a President someone dipped in Cheeto dust I have a better understanding of why they didn't join in. Either they weren't made well enough aware of the issues of Sat (possible) or the real issues (to them) took a back seat (from their point of view).

Yeah, I get all of that. And I agree, my wife said it was a great experience but it was strange and disappointing that there was no focused, centralized point of rallying. But I do know at least from her perspective where the issues lie and I'm with her on a lot of them. I did mention in both my posts (I believe) that the tampon thing is just one of those minor points of contention, and I think it's a slam dunk, especially one that I think fiscal conservatives should get behind: if a state doesn't tax necessities, tampons should be on that 'necessities' list. Simple, quick-hitter imo. There are bigger discussions to be had about equal rights/equal pay/abortion/etc that are far more contentious and much of which I don't agree with liberals or my wife, but this one at least seems like a no-brainer.

And I'll also say what I said to my wife: the 78% 'wage gap' thing, the comments by Madonna and Ashley Judd, this is the BS that people look at and say how can we have a real debate and come up with policies when this is the shit we're hearing from the left? So while I think the energy from Saturday was great, while I think women feeling empowered is fantastic, I think it can be misdirected or derailed by bogus 'stats', talking points and movement leaders.

like I said, I didn't mean anything I said to be in contrast to you or your wife. sounds like we are mostly on the same page. And you wont get much of a disagreement from me about making a lot of things in WI not subject to sales tax.

I agree with your last paragraph. But beyond that I think some of the things that Trump has said (and probably done) makes him a pig. I think the "locker room" talk is BS and he should be held accountable more than he has for these types of things (so he doesn't continue them). But, for me, the number of women who are more than prepared to give Bill Clinton a pass but want to complain about Trump doesn't ring authentic. My wife thinks they are both pigs. I can live with that. For celebrities to use their status and not use it for the big picture items doesn't do much for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
ironmayb wrote:

by the way it's really hard for me to take Madonna seriously about much of anything. I like some of her music and at one point she was hot and provocative. She falls into JSA's "dance monkey dance" category for me.

But, if she wants to be taken seriously, and have a platform, you know for women's rights, then I think she should abstain from offering blow jobs for votes or saying she wants to burn down the White House. And I'm not trying to be melodramatic, I know she wasn't really serious about either. I just think if I were a woman it would be kind of hard to take certain issues seriously, and then take her seriously about those issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it was a negative branding thing. From now on, when Mrs. LT says "ooooh that's nasty" I will think of AJ's mug.

Quote | Reply
They choose to let Madonna speak and represent the crowd and their unknown reasons for marching??? Seriously??? Do these women forget how Madonna became a millionaire by tramping around half naked and promoting promiscuity to teenage girls. People want to be taken seriously and they turn to Madonna??? Wow. Next, Beyoncé is going to lecture trump for not respecting women as equals.

What's worse for women, Trump's stupid bragging to Billy Bush in a private conversation or Madonna and Beyoncé showing all the young girls how to strut around naked for dollars.

Its funny what people choose to get enraged about.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have womens at the marches today? [waytooslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
waytooslow wrote:
They choose to let Madonna speak and represent the crowd and their unknown reasons for marching??? Seriously??? Do these women forget how Madonna became a millionaire by tramping around half naked and promoting promiscuity to teenage girls. People want to be taken seriously and they turn to Madonna??? Wow. Next, Beyoncé is going to lecture trump for not respecting women as equals.

What's worse for women, Trump's stupid bragging to Billy Bush in a private conversation or Madonna and Beyoncé showing all the young girls how to strut around naked for dollars.

Its funny what people choose to get enraged about.

I would say Trump but that's because I'm a guy and I think he makes all guys look like douches when he does that. That said, I understand your point and I am not saying they are that much different. If I was a woman I would probably vote the other way on the which is worse scale The double standard and hypocrisy is kind of glaring, as least as it relates to Madonna, for me. It's hard for me to hear her offer blow jobs for votes in Nov and take her seriously in Jan.

When Trump talks like a douche he offends me as much as women. When Madonna and Beyoncé prance around it doesn't bother me but I can get why my wife and daughter might not like it. Both of these suck but I don't think they are reasons to "protest".

When Bill Clinton messes with an intern in the WH I think it diminishes this nation as a whole (just like if a Senator messes with a page), and it offends me on a whole other level than those above. Those women who want to protest are free to do so. They will get more of my attention if I feel they are consistent with me on these things. Those that are inconsistent I cant take as seriously.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they were mature adults they would have at least they picked up after themselves. From top to bottom it looks like grown woman throwing tempter tantrums and demanding that someone else pays for their birth control, abortions and tampons.

What legal rights do men have that woman do not have?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have womens at the marches today? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Men have the right to watch this and think WTF?
https://twitter.com/...s/823705747070525440
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have womens at the marches today? [Andrew69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew69 wrote:
Men have the right to watch this and think WTF?https://twitter.com/...s/823705747070525440
That poor, poor woman. I feel so incredibly bad for her, her life must be so hellish. To only get minimum wage and have to listen to that INSANITY is unacceptable.

Seriously though, unhinged doesn't even begin to describe this white woman.

Oh, and I think EVERYONE has the right to watch that and think WTF. Men, women, liberals, I can't imagine there are many people who watch that and think 'you go girl'.
Last edited by: Brownie28: Jan 24, 17 13:44
Quote Reply

Prev Next