Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cobb jof saddle sore
Quote | Reply
Just changed to the Jof 55. Have been working into it slow. Less than 30 min at a time because this is my first saddle I've had that you sit on the nose. But I've developed a sore pretty fast. Change saddle? Again..?....uhg
Quote Reply
Re: Cobb jof saddle sore [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Just changed to the Jof 55. Have been working into it slow. Less than 30 min at a time because this is my first saddle I've had that you sit on the nose. But I've developed a sore pretty fast. Change saddle? Again..?....uhg

Might want to double check things in terms of saddle height. I don't have a lot of experience with the JOF, I just can't get off the Max. I am sure someone else will chime, but given this is your first nose saddle it can take a bit to get things right, especially getting that saddle height correct. You can always give Seth a call at Cobb and he can help answer any questions. Regardless, not every saddle will work for everyone.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found quite a good guide on line for making adjustments / converting from a standard saddle - OK, it was done by ISM but I guess the principals are the same and it could be useful for you ?

Hope you get sorted :-)

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I changed to the same saddle about a year ago and it's worked out well. The nose of the saddle is thinner than the ISM that I had and helped with friction. What really seemed to get rid of them all together was moving to higher quality bike shorts (i.e. Ale, Wattie) and applying a good amount of chamois creme direct before all rides.
Quote Reply
Re: Cobb jof saddle sore [Schonner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok. Ty. I may also pic up a prologo TRI zero and see if it helps. Frustrating because I haven't been riding much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck. Slather the chamois creme (double)
Quote Reply
Re: Cobb jof saddle sore [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I settled on the JOF55 after some time on an Adamo. There are obviously a lot of noseless saddles out there now, and IMHO you have to pick the correct width for your anatomy. A few considerations....
  1. Where is the sore? Someplace from sitting in the aerobars, or when you are sitting up more on the base bar and more on the tail of the saddle?
  2. I found the Podium a touch too wide at the prongs. The JOF is narrower, and there are narrower options still. JOF also seems to be a pretty consistent width back from the nose, staying narrower longer than other saddles. There are a lot of options for prong width and saddle shape overall. The JOF can give me a sore if I sit on the tail a lot, because it is narrower than what I need, but I keep it because it works best when I am on the nose in the aerobars.
  3. Angle.....I had to play with the saddle angle to get it to work well. More nose up than I was expecting.
  4. Height.....because you sit on it differently, you may want to consider changing the saddle height. I went by feel instead of a specific measurement when changing.

Quote Reply
Re: Cobb jof saddle sore [chobbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ty
Quote Reply
Re: Cobb jof saddle sore [Schonner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Schonner wrote:
Good luck. Slather the chamois creme (double)

this

I've had it on my TT bike since late 2014. I like it, but you have to apply chamois creme liberally. I've found that the padding thickness doesn't matter as much once you have the chamois creme covered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same experience here with the JOF. Ultimately I think a combination of things helped me.... lots of chamois cream, the right pad in my bike shorts (both too thick and too thin gave me sores), saddle angle (dropped the nose), etc. I also added some padding (cut up shoe insert attached with electrical tape) to the nose (on the two "fingers"). Not the most elegant solution, but it helped.
Quote Reply