Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dyson does it again!
Quote | Reply
A $400 hair dryer??? Really???

Look, I love their vacuums and even bought a refurbished fan, that I love as well. But, a $400 hair dryer??? Why??? It looks like something Duffy has in his nightstand for those times he wants some alone time.

http://www.dyson.com/...23smooth-scroll-shop

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Dyson does it again! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, give the guy a break.

Mike Dyson was one of the greatest boxers of all time. He got hit with a trumped up rape charge and ripped off by Don King.

He's broke and need to make some money.

Geez, man. Support the guy and get yourself a Mike Dyson hair dryer.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems ridiculous, and probably is. But, my wife burns through a +\- $30 hairdryer about every 6 months. And, if the dyson HD is 1/2 as good and durable as my vacuum, it might be a reasonable investment.

Position: burned through a vacuum per year. Cheap, expensive didn't matter after a year sucking up our grime and Pyrenees hair they were dead. Splurged on ridiculously expensive dyson animal in 2003. I replaced it last year November.

Point being, given the disposable nature of most hair dryers, and vacuums, it might nor be a horrible investment if it is as durable as the other dyson products I've owned.
Quote Reply
Re: Dyson does it again! [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
Seems ridiculous, and probably is. But, my wife burns through a +\- $30 hairdryer about every 6 months. And, if the dyson HD is 1/2 as good and durable as my vacuum, it might be a reasonable investment.

Position: burned through a vacuum per year. Cheap, expensive didn't matter after a year sucking up our grime and Pyrenees hair they were dead. Splurged on ridiculously expensive dyson animal in 2003. I replaced it last year November.

Point being, given the disposable nature of most hair dryers, and vacuums, it might nor be a horrible investment if it is as durable as the other dyson products I've owned.

So, in your case, it would pay for itself in a mere 6.67 years! Sounds like a good investment!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, yes. My wife doesn't toss shit that still works so if the HD is equivalent to my experience with their vacuums then it woyld be a good investment. Our vacuum was expensive, as fAr as vacuums go, but compared to buying a new $100+ Hoover every year it was an awesome investment. Based on our experience and usage probably saved around $800. And, had a better sweeper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That thing sucks. Those dysons are only cool because they all look like laser cannons out of a shitty sci fi movie.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: Dyson does it again! [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lunchbox wrote:
That thing sucks. Those dysons are only cool because they all look like laser cannons out of a shitty sci fi movie.

Yup, we have a Dyson vacuum (a OG DC25) and it's awful, constantly getting plugged and often the wand wont release the body.

Worst money I've ever spent on a household appliance.
Quote Reply
Re: Dyson does it again! [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny. We just bought the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal. Wish I'd bought one sooner.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

That sounds like something a triathlete would buy...
Quote Reply
Re: Dyson does it again! [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ready4Launch wrote:
Funny. We just bought the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal. Wish I'd bought one sooner.

Seriously? They named a product the "Big Ball Animal"?

I didn't believe you, but the web sez it's true.

Does it look like this?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...looks like something Duffy has in his nightstand for those times he wants some alone time.

Now you're onto something...combine the Magic Wand with a hair dryer...innovate!
Quote Reply
Re: Dyson does it again! [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what I found when I googled big ball animal.

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Re: Dyson does it again! [Chri55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chri55 wrote:
This is what I found when I googled big ball animal.

I hope those are photo shopped
Quote Reply
Re: Dyson does it again! [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:

Wait, wait...a hairdryer every six months?!? What the fuck is your wife doing with the thing? My wife has had the same $15 hairdryer for three years, she uses it every day. I know how much it cost because I bought it six years ago when I needed on to hang plastic window covers during the winter.

Same with the vacuum! We have a dog that sheds like crazy, bought a Shark something-or-other with a pet hair cleaner attachment and haven't had issues with it in 18 months.

This has to be user error or something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

Look, I love their vacuums and even bought a refurbished fan, that I love as well. But, a $400 hair dryer??? Why??? It looks like something Duffy has in his nightstand for those times he wants some alone time.

http://www.dyson.com/...23smooth-scroll-shop

"i keep buying all the expensive crap this company makes. anyway, why did they just make this other expensive piece of crap?"

i believe you've answered your own question.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Dyson does it again! [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have? Their vacuums are worth the money, if you have 3 dogs. I paid $50 for the refurbished fan on eBay. That's a far cry from a $400 hair drier.

Quote Reply