Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stickers on Carbon?
Quote | Reply
Will putting sticks on a carbon frame create any long term harm to the overall structure? Doesn't seem like it would, but just making sure I am not missing the boat on a big no-no here.

Bonus question, Any effects on aerodynamics? I see some people taking the Zipp stickers off their wheels for aero.. Any science behind that?
Quote Reply
Re: Stickers on Carbon? [tri124] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really depends what color the sticker is

Internet User
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No.
Quote Reply
Re: Stickers on Carbon? [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dark Mark wrote:
Really depends what color the sticker is

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for Yaw Angles Vs. Stick Color in the next Cannondale installment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I asked my buddy at Zipp about sticker aerodynamics, and he says it's so small they can't measure it. So I wouldn't worry about putting on some stickers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A sticker will pull on the exterior injection-molded resin that makes up a carbon fiber frame. Over time, this resin could weaken, thus compromising the integrity of that spot on the frame or wheel. Consider this: almost every carbon frame that has ever failed has a sticker on it. It's also bad for aerodynamics. The raised edges at both the leading and trailing edge of a sticker create unnatural turbulence, which creates drag and slows you down. I'd highly recommend you put stickers all over your frame and wheels if you like going slow, or want to have a horrible crash.
Quote Reply
Re: Stickers on Carbon? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

As we all know adding stickers to any part of your bike will gain you at least 12-16watts. after 10 stickers the watts per sticker drops a little bit to 7-9watts. But even still. Thats a huge advantage.

This thread made my day!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not believing anything until Specialized tests this in the wind tunnel.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Stickers on Carbon? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a sticker on my helmet every race. What does this mean???

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Stickers on Carbon? [integrator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
integrator wrote:
I asked my buddy at Zipp about sticker aerodynamics, and he says it's so small they can't measure it. So I wouldn't worry about putting on some stickers.

Some Zipp wheels have 1/2 the dimples covered by stickers. The fact that they couldn't measure a difference doesn't say much about the stickers, but it does about the dimples.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
purely aesthetics
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri124 wrote:
Will putting sticks on a carbon frame create any long term harm to the overall structure? Doesn't seem like it would, but just making sure I am not missing the boat on a big no-no here.

Bonus question, Any effects on aerodynamics? I see some people taking the Zipp stickers off their wheels for aero.. Any science behind that?

sticker weight can add up fairly quickly. Is there a particular obligation you need to do so? You could easily be adding 40grams.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put my tri bike away for the winter after my last race of the year. I left a race # sticker on it and when I pulled it off months later, it took the clear coat with it. Not structural but still not ideal.
Quote Reply