Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Does Obama Pardon Hillary Tomorrow? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
Pardoned for what? She's not been charged or convicted or sentenced for anything.

I've asked the same question twice here and never had a response but a few weeks later, the same issue is raised. I'm still not sure why but some people seem to enjoy the speculation so there's that.

But there's nothing to speculate about. You can't offer any kind of clemency if the person has never been charged. Speculation is fun and all but the OP is just straight up ignorant.

Generally the mark of a complete fool is to accuse someone else of being ignorant. Appears to be the case here.
Quote Reply
Re: Does Obama Pardon Hillary Tomorrow? [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
JD21 wrote:
No, I don't think most feel this way, nor do I in reality. I actually have a lot of respect for anyone doing the job and I like Obama and his character. I think he's been a highly ineffective POTUS and is extraordinarily arrogant but that, along with is excellent oratory skills, makes him the consummate politician and exactly the spit and polish the Dems love so much. Bill has the same spit and polish and could get away with anything and still be loved by the Dems.

Now, would a pardon of HRC today be the ultimate middle finger? Yes, I think so. I've read a few articles this morning stating many are asking him to do so today. We shall see...

This move would cement Obama's status as the Divider-in-Chief.

Which will change nothing about how the left feels about The Chosen One.
Quote Reply
Re: Does Obama Pardon Hillary Tomorrow? [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Generally the mark of a complete fool is to accuse someone else of being ignorant.

Amen.

Sorry for bringing religion into this.
Quote Reply
Re: Does Obama Pardon Hillary Tomorrow? [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've said it before, I hope Obama doesn't and Trump does on day one.

That would flip the supporters of her being pardoned for a loop while maintaining the presumption of a crime by HRC.

I think if either on were to pardon her, it would piss her off and give HER the middle finger.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Does Obama Pardon Hillary Tomorrow? [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
I've said it before, I hope Obama doesn't and Trump does on day one.

That would flip the supporters of her being pardoned for a loop while maintaining the presumption of a crime by HRC.

I think if either on were to pardon her, it would piss her off and give HER the middle finger.

Trump issuing the pardon would really piss her off. And it seems like the kind of thing he is capable of. If we weren't trying to run a country it would be pretty funny.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Does Obama Pardon Hillary Tomorrow? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He should pardon Trump today. Ultimate power move.

Except that it might actually have practical implications.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And it seems like the kind of thing he is capable of.

I don't think he's capable of that kind of subtlety.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Does Obama Pardon Hillary Tomorrow? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

Now that would be funny.

Would that keep him from being impeached for doing something that violates the Constitution or other US Law?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Does Obama Pardon Hillary Tomorrow? [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
sphere wrote:

Now that would be funny.

Would that keep him from being impeached for doing something that violates the Constitution or other US Law?

No. He can only pardon him for what he has done, not what he is about to do.

Trump won't be impeached, he may declare victory and go home, but impeaching him would be a cluster beyond clusters.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And Trump could then pardon Obama. Of course, he'd need to tweet about it afterwards.
Quote Reply
Re: Does Obama Pardon Hillary Tomorrow? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
daleagain wrote:
windywave wrote:
He HATES her. No fucking way he pardons her.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.... if the TRULY hates her it would be the ultimate humiliation.

Nixon was seething over Fords pardon. It was the right thing to do but Nixon hated the implication-- that he was a crook after all.

I would prefer she be indicted, tried, and spend time in the pokey. What would hurt her more a pardon or a perp walk?

There is no way she's going to be indicted let alone convicted of anything... zero chance.
That's why a pardon would be such a knife in the back.
Quote Reply

Prev Next