Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Series "Six"
Quote | Reply
anyone plan on watching or DVR'ing. Haven't heard much about it. Just saw a preview. Not sure what to make of it yet.
Quote Reply
Re: New Series "Six" [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seen the preview. Might watch the first as long as it doesn't conflict with Vikings and then decide.
Quote Reply
Re: New Series "Six" [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy crap. Vikings just ended and Six just started. Wasn't expecting that. Guess I'm watching.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Holy crap. Vikings just ended and Six just started. Wasn't expecting that. Guess I'm watching.

I was gonna say "aren't they on the same network"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep! I got pretty excited about it seeing the previews during Vikings. IMO, The History Channel is clearly demonstrated its ability to make high quality television. So, I am looking forward to it.

BTW, if you are not watching Sneaky Pete, you gotta watch it. Very entertaining!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: New Series "Six" [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Yep! I got pretty excited about it seeing the previews during Vikings. IMO, The History Channel is clearly demonstrated its ability to make high quality television. So, I am looking forward to it.

BTW, if you are not watching Sneaky Pete, you gotta watch it. Very entertaining!

Thanks I watched the first episode preview and it's on the list

Working thru daredevil/Jessica Jones/Luke cage then on to sneaky
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Delta force with Chuck Norris seemed more realistic. (I'm about 10 minutes in at the moment)
Quote Reply
Re: New Series "Six" [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't watch, but I really yearn for the days of the quiet professional.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: New Series "Six" [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
I didn't watch, but I really yearn for the days of the quiet professional.

I stopped it 15 minutes in. Besides the shit acting and hackneyed situations there were two felonies committed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:

so what did you think. I have one "turned it off in 15 minutes" review. Worth the time?
Quote Reply
Re: New Series "Six" [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So did you watch Ep. 1 or DVR it? Any thoughts thus far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
So did you watch Ep. 1 or DVR it? Any thoughts thus far.

Recorded. Did not watch.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

so what did you think. I have one "turned it off in 15 minutes" review. Worth the time?

About half way through I started slamming people on the LR and lost my focus on the show. The first half was only so-so. I much prefer Vikings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

About half way through I started slamming people on the LR and lost my focus on the show. The first half was only so-so. I much prefer Vikings.

thanks. Gotta work on that multi-tasking......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i recorded but haven't watched it.
if you get to watching it, let me know if i should waste my time on it.

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: New Series "Six" [bmeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You gotta view these things like most of Hollywood. Based on true missions? What the fuck does that mean? Reminds me of those real life navy seals or special forces missions that were popular a few years back on TLC, Discovery and History. They were based on real missions like Panama, the first Gulf War, Grenada and other weird events involving embassy rescues. The LT in all the navy seal missions was the same guy, despite years of time difference between missions. A little research shows they are based on real declassified missions that happened, but all the characters were fake. That is probably how this plays out, but sounds more like the movie Gunman. One of the few Sean Penn films I could stomach. Maybe some flashbacks will be based on real life missions, but so what. It will simply be an action TV series like the Unit, Ultimate Force, or even the Dirty Dozen (there was a short lived TV series). Hopefully it isn't like Hogan's Heroes.

I just don't like what the History Channel has become. I find a lot more interesting stuff on the Military Channel, which is where many of those shows I'm talking about found permanent rotation.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: New Series "Six" [bmeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bmeer wrote:

Don't bother. Watched about 30 minutes of it last night and fell asleep. Shite acting, it reminded me a lot of that show "The Unit" that had President Allstate in it.

Did find it interesting that the show touched on something that came up in that "SEAL war crimes" thread, though.
Quote Reply
Re: New Series "Six" [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
bmeer wrote:

Don't bother. Watched about 30 minutes of it last night and fell asleep. Shite acting, it reminded me a lot of that show "The Unit" that had President Allstate in it.

Did find it interesting that the show touched on something that came up in that "SEAL war crimes" thread, though.

this, The Young Pope and Taboo have all been on my radar. From early review it sounds like I am 0-3 on good new shows.

Walton Goggins was the original attraction for me. Loved him in Sons and Justified. Vice Principals was bad and now this.... pretty good in Hateful 8.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched it last night. I enjoyed it. I think History does a really nice job with its shows. You have likely seen this storyline before. But, I thought it delivered on the fun factor. I enjoyed it.

I watched the first episode of The Young Pope the other night. I'm still not sure what the hell I watched, but I will give it another chance. I am a bit confused, however. There is a lot of back story to be filled.

Quote Reply