Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: States w/ highest obesity rates [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fidel's back cracker cant even do correlation properly.

Quote Reply
Re: States w/ highest obesity rates [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
I'm pretty sure this whole obesity thing is fake news.

When I look around in Boulder I just don't see it.

What else do you not see?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, lots of sugar. Portions + sugar.

I'm from New England and spent a few years in Georgia for work. Every morning I'd bring in my travel mug of black coffee and a large contingent of my coworkers would bring in super-sized Big Gulps full of soda from 7-11.

Then there's the sweet tea...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I think you're reaching too far.

Ever been to the south? The portions of their meals are enormous. They eat a lot of food.

I don't know if it's just a regional thing but holy shit when you go out to dinner you get a massive, massive meal. I know it's not like that in the state of New York.

Haven't you been following the news? Obesity has nothing to do with what or how much you eat.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: States w/ highest obesity rates [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

Can we agree that's its not a coincidence that the ten slimmest states vote Dem and the ten fattest vote Pub?

Not even factually correct, according to your link.

It's amazing the depths to which people will go to politicize things.

Still waiting for your explanation of the fat demographic?

It's coz all the red-necks in the south are dumb, poor, bible-bashing Republicans who do no exercise, drive around in their pick-up trucks with their gun racks, chomping their super-sized BicMac meals. Meanwhile in the north east and out west the better educated, richer people, more of whom vote Democrat, can afford a kale salad from Whole Foods and actually get off their asses and occasionally do some exercise.

or something like that... ;)

I might agree 100% but it's not Big Macs. It's Hardee's.

Quote Reply
Re: States w/ highest obesity rates [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Healthy food is cheaper than shitty food.

Trader Joe's sells bananas for 19 cents.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: States w/ highest obesity rates [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not really a woman, but is a guy. Look at her fingers.

I think they're in the picture somewhere, but I can't focus on them long enough to tell exactly where they are. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Ever been to the south? The portions of their meals are enormous. They eat a lot of food.

I don't know if it's just a regional thing but holy shit when you go out to dinner you get a massive, massive meal. I know it's not like that in the state of New York.

I dunno Belp. The biggest sandwich I've ever bought was a pastrami sandwich at Carnegie Deli in NYC.

Quote Reply
Re: States w/ highest obesity rates [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Healthy food is cheaper than shitty food.

Trader Joe's sells bananas for 19 cents.

I think it's really just that food, in general, is so cheap that almost no one in the U.S. is so poor that they can't buy enough to get fat.
Quote Reply
Re: States w/ highest obesity rates [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

Can we agree that's its not a coincidence that the ten slimmest states vote Dem and the ten fattest vote Pub?

Not even factually correct, according to your link.

It's amazing the depths to which people will go to politicize things.

Still waiting for your explanation of the fat demographic?

It's coz all the red-necks in the south are dumb, poor, bible-bashing Republicans who do no exercise, drive around in their pick-up trucks with their gun racks, chomping their super-sized BicMac meals. Meanwhile in the north east and out west the better educated, richer people, more of whom vote Democrat, can afford a kale salad from Whole Foods and actually get off their asses and occasionally do some exercise.

or something like that... ;)

And there are lots of poor, ill-educated people in the South which is also a recipe for obesity.

I wonder if we can get a wall built?
Quote Reply
Re: States w/ highest obesity rates [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I dunno Belp. The biggest sandwich I've ever bought was a pastrami sandwich at Carnegie Deli in NYC.

Katz's deli was better IMO
Quote Reply
Re: States w/ highest obesity rates [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Katz's deli was better IMO

You can get bigger ones in New Jersey,

Quote Reply
Re: States w/ highest obesity rates [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
"Relevance? "

Well here you go. The ten slimmest states vote Democrat and the ten most obese states vote Republican.

http://www.salon.com/...enable_them_partner/

There is no correlation between voting tendencies and eating/exercise habits. But, I there is a strong correlation between wealth and health. The soda post from a few days ago is a teriffic example
Quote Reply

Prev Next