Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oh, of course that movie was racist.
Quote | Reply
Jesus Christ man. If this is where we are going, the backlash will continue.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/...il-rights-tweet.html

http://www.dailydot.com/...ican-racism-history/

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, of course that movie was racist. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I might have to go buy Blazing Saddles so I have it when it's banned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's absolutely hilarious that a week ago Meryl Streep had all this amazing credibility because she's an "accomplished actress" but because Rob doesn't believe in the cause and he's only an "accomplished comedian" that some cherry picked people don't find funny, his views that a congressman should probably show up to an inauguration are, somehow, offensive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I clicked on the link and started reading. When I got to "civil rights legend" I stopped
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, of course that movie was racist. [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:

No man. That movie will always be available on the black market.
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, of course that movie was racist. [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
I clicked on the link and started reading. When I got to "civil rights legend" I stopped

Funny how that works.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How dare Rob Schneider show such disrespect with statements like this: Rep. Lewis, You are a great person. But Dr. King didn’t give in to his anger or his hurt. That is how he accomplished & won Civil Rights.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
ironmayb wrote:

Funny how that works.

I have seen the civil rights legend's face before this past week. I remember him being part of throwing a temper tantrum on the floor of the house last year (I think).

Before last week I could not have told you his name.

I am sure no expert on politics, civil rights, or current affairs but I would venture to bet I am in the top 50% of informed in this country on these things.

Before last week I could not have told you his name (just wanted to stress).
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, of course that movie was racist. [Runningwithbees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you actually saying that you find Rob Schneider funny? If so I think you need to take the rest of the day off work, go home, sit in a dark quiet room, and figure out exactly when your life went off the rails so badly.

Because this pretty sums up his career: https://vimeo.com/17608585

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, of course that movie was racist. [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
TheForge wrote:
ironmayb wrote:

Funny how that works.

I have seen the civil rights legend's face before this past week. I remember him being part of throwing a temper tantrum on the floor of the house last year (I think).

I am sure no expert on politics, civil rights, or current affairs but I would venture to bet I am in the top 50% of informed in this country on these things.

Your lack of knowledge on the civil rights movement does not change history.

http://afroamhistory.about.com/...-Rights-Movement.htm

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, of course that movie was racist. [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
TheForge wrote:
ironmayb wrote:

Funny how that works.

Your lack of knowledge on the civil rights movement does not change history.http://afroamhistory.about.com/...-Rights-Movement.htm[/quote[/url]]

thanks, I agree. As I said I am sure no civil rights expert (among other things)

I have had an opportunity to look at it more in the last week and I have seen Lewis' involvement. Consider me unimpressed relative to some others in the civil rights movement (who are truly "leaders/icons/legends") and their accomplishments (and my personal feeling as to why they were involved).

Consider me even more unimpressed now that I have looked at his record of achievement or lack thereof in the Congress given his more than 30 years involvement.

And his grandstanding in the last week has done nothing to make me believe he deserves "legendary" status.

I am no Trump or Obama fan. But in either case, as it relates to their Inauguration to the Office, I fall into the category that believes that is a non-partisan event and day. That's just me.
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, of course that movie was racist. [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did I ever say that I find him funny? I did not say such things but if you look at the scope of his career I don't know how you can't consider him a successful comedian.

For the record, I find some of his characters, generally the more minor characters from Sandler movies to be pretty funny. Most of his stuff, I don't find as funny.
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, of course that movie was racist. [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

No man. That movie will always be available on the black market.

Dude you beat me too it. Nicely done.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, of course that movie was racist. [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Careful, the sheriff is ah...near
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, of course that movie was racist. [Runningwithbees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I never really thought he was funny once he left SNL. I didn't like Deuce Bigalow and I didn't like the Animal. Otherwise he is really just one of those guys who is in every Sandler film.

Wait, I do recall him being in a show called "Men Behaving Badly". That had its moments, but not enough to make a full season before it was cancelled.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I had to look it up. I guess it survived two seasons, but was so bad the first season, two of the three stars left after the first season. Guess which one stayed?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Jesus Christ man. If this is where we are going, the backlash will continue.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/...il-rights-tweet.html

http://www.dailydot.com/...ican-racism-history/

Why does that second article open with a photo of The Suicide Squad? Was Sandler in that?
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, of course that movie was racist. [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the same thing, but just figured it was a cookie.

Quote Reply