Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pulling the trigger on P1's? [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
He has access to a pair. For free. He just enjoys talking shit.

What's with that stance? If you don't like it, move on.

I honestly thought this place was relatively clear of trolls.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Pulling the trigger on P1's? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
I agree with the above poster, that is an excellent video. But I'm a little concerned with your Y-Axis when comparing the absolute power readings. Seems to be a huge delta in measurement. Here's a screencap from your video:

The space in-between rows is 50 watts. FIFTY WATTS. Seems like a pretty large accuracy discrepancy between the power meters, no? Is it within the margin for error?

50 Watts after 15 minutes and a recalibration would worry me. You've pulled the first image from about the 3-8min mark. IIRC it wasn't that far off once I'd done a few sprint/stomps. All discussed in the video. http://imgur.com/a/oceYH (yeah, I know the scale...)

Also one of the power meters was a Stages Gen I... so it jumps around a lot. I need to spend more time lining the pedals up with the Drivo and the Neo, maybe a p2m. But there's only so much 'testing' and validation we can do as end users for our own curiosity, and to get trolled on ST.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Pulling the trigger on P1's? [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:

Pubes is the resident ST troll, best just to skip over his posts for the most part.
Quote Reply
Re: Pulling the trigger on P1's? [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
Here's my initial take (with clip/slide-in discussed and demonstrated): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM2eve0zod8

A week later updates:
- There's a little play in the pedal bearings. Can't notice it riding, non issue at the moment.
- Weight penalty not noticeable.
- The left pedal battery went dead flat... replaced it, all good now. (lithium AAA)
- Clip-in is a two stage process... kick over the pedal, slight wiggle, snap in.

Ha, that video made me feel better about my own occasional struggles to clip into the damn pedals. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Pulling the trigger on P1's? [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I pulled the trigger on my P1's a few months ago. I've been using them with TR and love them! Can't wait to use them outside. Big investment for sure, but seems to be well worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: Pulling the trigger on P1's? [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriguyBlue wrote:
gplama wrote:

Pubes is the resident ST troll, best just to skip over his posts for the most part.

He is the resident douche for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Pulling the trigger on P1's? [ironcode] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a note, had a positive experience with Powertap/Saris customer service, emailed them about drop outs, got a brand new pair in the mail (including new cleats) with a return mailing label for the old ones! Seems they are eager to build a good reputation for these pedals!
Last edited by: scandinavianguy: Feb 4, 17 8:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just an update for anyone that cares for more info:
  • The pedals work great, there are no drops between my 920xt, MacBook, or iPhone.
  • The cleats suck, but the float is too loose compared to my Shimano SPD-SL's.
  • Clipping in is not like it normally is on my SPD-SL's but I got used to it quickly.

Overall, I am very happy with them but I am going to try a new set of cleats with less float.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironcode wrote:
Just an update for anyone that cares for more info:
  • The pedals work great, there are no drops between my 920xt, MacBook, or iPhone.
  • The cleats suck, but the float is too loose compared to my Shimano SPD-SL's.
  • Clipping in is not like it normally is on my SPD-SL's but I got used to it quickly.

Overall, I am very happy with them but I am going to try a new set of cleats with less float.

The cleats are pretty awful. I switched to the 0-deg PowerTap cleats which felt more like the yellow 6-deg Shimano SPD-SL cleats I was using on my prior pedals, and they felt much better.
Quote Reply

Prev Next