Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Skip Bayless
Quote | Reply
I bet his ratings went up 10 fold today just to see him cry! He was in rare form this morning!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Skip Bayless [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of all the idiot talking head sports personalities, Skip is the most idiotic of the idiots.
Quote Reply
Re: Skip Bayless [Runningwithbees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Max Kellerman is the most idiotic of the idiots, and the biggest douchebag of them all. But digressing, it's their jobs to have controversial opinions and to create conversations and debates. The more people bring them up as idiots, the better their annual reviews are from their employers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am watching Skip for the first time (and the last time) he has been on Fox Sports. He just cannot let go.

It amazes me at how stupid he is, he is arguing about plays and what the capabilities of players with Shannon Sharpe.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Last edited by: Billabong: Jan 16, 17 8:23
Quote Reply
Re: Skip Bayless [champy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have basically become trolls. I watched Mike florio for nbc's pro football talk start trolling so hard this year just because it gets a reaction out of people and gets them more views/clicks.

I wonder what it would be like to have actual sports conversations with them without it being sensationalized for TV.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree, but that's what gobbles up ratings for some reason. Or maybe it's an illusion and they don't need to be trolls to get ratings. I'm not sure. Either way, I have wondered the same thing about what it would be like to talk with these people in private.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He may be annoying, but he is no dummy.

$ http://thebiglead.com/...no-1-nfl-draft-pick/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no idea what you are talking about but he's paid a handsome some to get you mad. He purposely says things that will annoy people to get a reaction. He's a well paid troll because he's good at trolling.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having said that, I wholeheartedly agree with this:

"They played the abominable prevent defense on 3rd-and-20," Bayless said. "I hate prevent defense. ... They had attacked and played to win from 21-3, all the way to that moment. And on the key play of the game, they go back to what got them in the 21-3 hole."

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Skip Bayless [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:
He may be annoying, but he is no dummy.

$

https://sportstvratings.com/...undisputed-but/6435/

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not surprised. Another comparison to Goff, both still getting paid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in the last 13 years the Packers season has ended in the playoffs on the last play of regulation or in OT 6 times, I believe. Yesterday was the second time it went the other way I believe (Matt Hasselbeck "we want the ball and we are going to score" is the only other one that comes to mind).

I have a hard time feeling sorry for him

Edit: Re-stated. In 2003 the Packers beat the Seahawks in OT in a divisional playoff game. Since then, before yesterday in playoff games decided on last play of regulation or in OT I believe the Packers were 0-6.
Last edited by: ironmayb: Jan 16, 17 12:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Runningwithbees wrote:
Of all the idiot talking head sports personalities, Skip is the most idiotic of the idiots.

Troy Aikman agrees with you:

"Aikman, a 15-year veteran of Fox and the network’s top NFL analyst, didn’t mince words when asked about Bayless’ hire by Sports Illustrated’s Richard Deitsch.
“To say I’m disappointed in the hiring of Skip Bayless would be an enormous understatement,” Aikman said. “Clearly, [Fox Sports president of national networks] Jamie Horowitz and I have a difference of opinion when it comes to building a successful organization. I believe success is achieved by acquiring and developing talented, respected and credible individuals, none of which applies to Skip Bayless.”

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply