Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swimming in Manhattan
Quote | Reply
Hi, I'm visiting NYC next week and wondered if anyone could recommend public swimming pools in Manhattan? Ideally around the midtown area that are open early like 6am ish. Thanks!
Last edited by: JackSparrow: Jan 24, 17 2:50
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming in Manhatten [JackSparrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you check Swimmers Guide?
https://www.swimmersguide.com/
type in Manhattan, NY
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's always tough to find pools here where you can just lap swim without being part of a club, gym, etc. There are some Y's that offer free passes (chinatown comes to mind).

I think your best bet would be to drop in on a masters team. Bearcats (where I swim), Red Tide, AGUA, NYC Hydras, Team NY Aquatics all offer 6 am practices for free or a nominal fee at either Baruch (24 & Lex) or John Jay (UWS I believe) or Asphalt Green (UES). Just google them and there are instructions that can give you a guide on where to go and what time practice is offered.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JackSparrow wrote:
Hi, I'm visiting NYC next week and wondered if anyone could recommend public swimming pools in Manhatten? Ideally around the midtown area that are open early like 6am ish. Thanks!

Manhattan
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming in Manhatten [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Did you check Swimmers Guide?

I've never seen that site, thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming in Manhatten [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sch340 wrote:
It's always tough to find pools here where you can just lap swim without being part of a club, gym, etc. There are some Y's that offer free passes (chinatown comes to mind).

I think your best bet would be to drop in on a masters team. Bearcats (where I swim), Red Tide, AGUA, NYC Hydras, Team NY Aquatics all offer 6 am practices for free or a nominal fee at either Baruch (24 & Lex) or John Jay (UWS I believe) or Asphalt Green (UES). Just google them and there are instructions that can give you a guide on where to go and what time practice is offered.

Thanks for the advice sch340, much appreciated!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a YMCA on the West Side near Central Park. Pool is decent.
They require a swim cap.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming in Manhattan [JackSparrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could join Kramer in the East River.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming in Manhatten [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is an amazing resource, thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Columbus Circle is convenient to where you'll be, I can send you one of my Equinox guest passes. They have a 25m pool. PM me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not exactly mid town but you could check out Riverbank State Park. They have an indoor 50m pool that is $3 per visit. The one catch is that if you want to go at 6:30am when they open you need to go the day before and purchase a punch card during business hours. I used this pool my last visit over Christmas and lucked out and bought a punch off someone's card at the door to get in. https://parks.ny.gov/...l2016-Spring2017.pdf

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming in Manhattan [ninagski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you still have those passes - I'll take them. Staying in Midtown near Columbus Square.

Thanks!

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply