Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody riding the Ronde van Vlaanderen (tour of flanders) cyclo?
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Just curious, is anybody planning on riding the Ronde van Vlaanderen cyclo on april 1st? I'm riding the 230km version.

That'll be quite some hours on my Tacx this early in the season.

Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody riding the Ronde van Vlaanderen (tour of flanders) cyclo? [Sellars] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sooo wish I could join you. Have done the Ronde three times! But not with this newer route.
Hope the weather is good for you.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody riding the Ronde van Vlaanderen (tour of flanders) cyclo? [Sellars] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here, done the old route a few times but not the new one.

If it's your first time be prepared to walk the steeper climbs; there's so many people on the course that when they all hit a 20%+ cobbled climb like the Koppenberg or the Paterberg then it's just complete gridlock. I've managed to hack my way up each one once by taking a few excursions in the mud, but it's much more luck than fitness, so don't be disappointed if you have to walk them.

Have fun though, it's a great day out. Enjoy the honey waffles!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts?

Be as fit as you can be!

A friend of mine did it, who's a very strong cyclist, said it was one of the hardest days in the saddle of his life! Now he was doing it with some equally fit guys, and I doubt they were going easy!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, small update: It appears that this year will not bring tour of Flanders to me. This sunday I crashed my bike and now have to get pictures to assess the damage in my shoulder. Man, thats a bummer :(
Last edited by: Sellars: Mar 22, 17 22:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear. A friend of mine is doing the middle distance route and I'm keen to try next year. Get yourself healed and might see you there next year. ðŸ‘
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody riding the Ronde van Vlaanderen (tour of flanders) cyclo? [Barlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barlow wrote:
Sorry to hear. A friend of mine is doing the middle distance route and I'm keen to try next year. Get yourself healed and might see you there next year. ðŸ‘

Thanks! Yeah RVV is surely on the short list for 2018!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can you transfer your registration to me? I'll be there but sportive is soldout!
Quote Reply