Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Streamed suicide
Quote | Reply
Reading today about the 12 year old girl who live-streamed her suicide, and about how there is nothing that the police can do to get the video of it removed from the internet. I understand morbid curiosity, but this just seems to be completely over the line.

In my mind, comparing it to the prison right video (Thanks Duffy!), this just seems way worse. The prison video is a bunch of anonymous adult males who are gang members and prisoners in a max-security prison, aka bad men who most people really don't care about. The suicide video is a named, presumably innocent 12 year old girl with depression, who was also allegedly a victim of physical and sexual abuse / assault. The details of her and her family are easily accessible.

Maybe the fact that so many people want to watch the suicide vid bothers me because I have young kids approaching that age. Maybe its because I intervened (both successfully and not) in similar situations in the past. Or maybe I am just an overly-sensitive wuss.

Why do people want to watch a young girl suffer and die?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting from scratch...
Quote Reply
Re: Streamed suicide [skinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skinny wrote:
Maybe the fact that so many people want to watch the suicide vid bothers me because I have young kids approaching that age.

Maybe. I would assume that would be a factor.

skinny wrote:
Maybe its because I intervened (both successfully and not) in similar situations in the past.
Ditto

skinny wrote:
Or maybe I am just an overly-sensitive wuss.
No.

skinny wrote:
Why do people want to watch a young girl suffer and die?

I don't know. I have seen more dead people than I ever needed to see and have watched a couple die. There is something wrong with anyone who enjoys seeing that. But, I do believe there is a morbid curiosity for people who have never seen anyone die. I am not justifying it. I think it is a little warped. But, I can see the curiosity.

This incident is disgusting. I cannot believe the video was allowed to remain for so long.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Streamed suicide [skinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is still a bit of a disconnect/buffer for many people watching a video vs real life.

I dont know about this case and i habe no intention of looking it up.

Its no secret here how i feel about suicide and sex abuse so i find this horriffic. Poor girl.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Streamed suicide [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Its no secret here how i feel about suicide and sex abuse so i find this horriffic. Poor girl.

x2

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
There is still a bit of a disconnect/buffer for many people watching a video vs real life.

x3

Ad Muncher
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:

+1

Very sad for the girl. I only hope those that drove her over the edge suffer for a very very long time
Quote Reply