Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Riding w/ earbuds? Really? [ziggie204] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vince Flynn/Mitch Rapp series also great
Quote Reply
Re: Riding w/ earbuds? Really? [Jason80134] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I listen to cooking podcasts, really turning the heat on!
Quote Reply
Re: Riding w/ earbuds? Really? [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my favorite is the trifecta - folks who ride while wearing 2 headphones, no helmet, and into traffic (i.e. left lane of a road in the US). i just don't get it.

anyway, for a few years i rode regularly with an earbud in my right ear, listening to podcasts or sports radio. once i became a dad i stopped doing that on roads, though i still do that on bike paths.
i don't get listening to music - just seems like it woudl have to be too loud, w/ all the wind noise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't. No need for me, and I think it's too dangeroues.

Doing sometimes when running on low volume, but I really like the sound of the nature...

Wonder how many use these on the bike?
http://allthingsd.com/...nglasses-music-ears/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In terms of safety, riding with earbuds analogous to riding with aero bars. For some riders/places/situations negligibly more dangerous or maybe not more dangerous at all.

For some, significantly more dangerous.

So I don't judge - or at least if my instinct is to judge, I try not to. And I certainly don't make blanket statements that using them is a binary (safe vs unsafe) issue.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Cry_like_a_little_biatch_here._P1566945/?search_string=cry%20like%20a%20little%20biatch%20#p1566945

There was already a thread on this....
Quote Reply
Re: Riding w/ earbuds? Really? [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playero wrote:
Maybe not wearing earbubs for music but I'd like to start wearing a sort of ear protection as i am getting dangerously close to being deaf! Gotta protect what lil hearingni do have but as of right now i dont use anything

I have worn earplugs too. Wind noise can lead to hearing loss. I hear cars approaching better with plugs in and over time, I find that I can hear other cyclists voices too. Something to consider.

Brevity
Quote Reply
Re: Riding w/ earbuds? Really? [Jason80134] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason80134 wrote:
Woah! Did I post this? Are you me? Am I you? Michael Connelly/Harry Bosch is the best thing you could ever read or listen to or watch (Now an Amazon tv series).

Agreed! I'm just about through the entire series of books for the second time. Lee Child's Jack Reacher series is also a good one for rides/runs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
I was coming up on a slower moving cyclist yesterday and called out "coming up" from well back, then "on your left" as I got closer to passing. I moved over quite a bit and gave her a good four feet of room (I had looked back and was clear of cars behind so I didn't crowd her at all). As I went by she nearly went into the ditch. I had clearly scared her. I immediately noticed that she had in earbuds and hadn't heard me and was probably deep into a riding/listening trance that I shook her out of.

It left me wondering, who rides with earbuds in? She had the clothes, helmet and bike of a serious cyclist.

Beating a dead horse. This topic has been discussed as nausem with the same arguments on both sides everytime.
Quote Reply
Re: Riding w/ earbuds? Really? [Brevity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brevity wrote:
playero wrote:
Maybe not wearing earbubs for music but I'd like to start wearing a sort of ear protection as i am getting dangerously close to being deaf! Gotta protect what lil hearingni do have but as of right now i dont use anything

I have worn earplugs too. Wind noise can lead to hearing loss. I hear cars approaching better with plugs in and over time, I find that I can hear other cyclists voices too. Something to consider.

Brevity

Wind noise while riding will lead to hearing loss?

Ok, mom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do in my right ear then put both in once I get out in the boondocks. 5hr ride can get old with no distractions.
Quote Reply

Prev Next