Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fundraiser V02 max and Hydrostatic body fat testing
Quote | Reply
My wife is working on her Masters thesis in Sports Nutrition & Kinesiology and needs to raise some funds for the testing involved. Her thesis is on Chronic Dosage of Taurine to Attenuate Exercise Induced Oxidative Stress. Her thesis involves quite a few blood draws and external laboratory anaylsis and the State University does not have funds for her project.

To raise funds the department will be allowing her use of the V02 machine and Hydrostatic tank for body fat analysis. Printouts will be provided for all data measured, V02 will also show lactic acid threshold (aerobic/anaerobic)

Testing will be done by appointment on Saturday December 10 and Sunday December 11 from 9am to 5pm at Cal Poly Pomona State University (Southern California).

We are looking for a donation of $15 for the hydrostatic body fat and $35 for the V02 max testing.

Please post or pm for questions or to schedule an appointment.

Thank you for your support. Hopefully this thread will last longer here.

Ok, so we will also make available a blood lactate testing for $15.
Last edited by: Race4LV: Nov 16, 05 14:55
Quote Reply
Re: Fundraiser V02 max and Hydrostatic body fat testing [Race4LV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
35 bucks is dirt cheap for a VO2 max test. You should charge more. I wish I lived near you.

John
Quote Reply
Re: Fundraiser V02 max and Hydrostatic body fat testing [Race4LV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just sent a PM
Quote Reply
Re: Fundraiser V02 max and Hydrostatic body fat testing [TriHanrahan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it is usually like $100, but she just wants to be fair and get enough to cover the lab costs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Half of the positions have filled, just a bump to fill the rest.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where is this at?
Quote Reply
Re: Fundraiser V02 max and Hydrostatic body fat testing [gsxrawd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The testing will take place in the Human Performance lab at Cal Poly Pomona. Located Southern Cailifornia, about 30 miles east of Los Angeles.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any positions left. If so I'm interested.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what does the vo2 max test consist of? i can't actually do anything with the results right, it's just for curiosity's sake? i'm very nearby and it sounds interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: Fundraiser V02 max and Hydrostatic body fat testing [Sojourner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Other than bragging rights here or elsewhere, I was just curious when I did it last year. The test is on a cycle ergometer, you will have a small piece of equipment strapped to your head that you breathe through and a heart rate strap. You will start at 50 watts and it will ramp up over time until exhaustion.

PM me and I can give you our phone number to make an appointment.

Thanks
Quote Reply