Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Argon E119 = Beautiful
Quote | Reply
Happened to go past the LBS (Speed Theory) on the morning run, stopped and had a good look at the Argon E119 in the window.

I love what I see on this bike. I know the BB and chainstays are going to be very stout - because they are in the E118.

The low-rider seat stays with rear brake which is under cover is really cool. Front brake is fully integrated under cover as well. Seat post has lots of adjustment and has a lot of surface area (with a wedge pin) so slip shouldn't be an issue.

The front end looks really good too, although I don't know the details on fasteners.

The bike in the window had Dura Ace components (Di2) which looks amazing of course. I have to say if I was buying, this is probably where my money would land on.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Last edited by: SharkFM: Jan 12, 17 20:04
Quote Reply
Re: Argon E119 = Beautiful [SharkFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats a good store! it sucks that us suburban folk have to go all the way into the city now that trigeeks is gone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an E-116 and it's been a good bike. I don't love the front end/TRP brakes but that's been dramatically improved upon with the E-119 and I wish there was a way I could swap the fork out. Seeing the E-119 at Interbike, it looked very sleek and I have always thought the build quality in Argon is good. Even more so now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have to agree :-)

I'm making a few changes for this year, principally a Zipp disc, the bento box from the E119+, and then I need to sort out hydration options.
Quote Reply
Re: Argon E119 = Beautiful [ni31mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where do you get the bento box from the E119+? haven't seen it aftermarket anywhere - or do you have to buy through an Argon dealer?

-Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Argon E119 = Beautiful [sportyone13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the E-119, was more than I could afford so got the E-117, which is still a sweet bike. I really am liking what Argon is doing, and a small added bonus, you can find your bike at a race.

Only place I have ever seen the "cookie jar" for sale, steep shipping though.

https://www.bikebug.com/m/product_info.php?products_id=63169
Last edited by: smithe68: Jan 13, 17 15:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How's that rear brake? Setup and routing specifically. And I guess performance. It looks to be so tight - enough so that it'd be a problem.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is looking to be my next purchase for a top flight frame! Hopefully early next year once i am not drawing on bills! Ha ha ha

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the E119 tri, not the + and I asked them to include the bento box. They fit perfectly on the E119 as well. I know a few people at Argon 18, so I'm not sure if this was a favor to me or if anyone can get the added accessory. I've had a few very nice bikes and I have to say the E119 is amazing. Probably my favorite tri bike thus far.
Quote Reply
Re: Argon E119 = Beautiful [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I mentioned above I got the E119 recently and love the bike. I am not a mechanic by any means and I built mine up with Di2 myself. I have a friend that said the rear brake is tricky but I found it to be relatively easy to set up. The bike comes with the housing in place so as long as you have the right tools to adjust the length, it is quite easy to route. I actually pulled the housing out and used a different housing and brake cable and it still set up easily. It looks a lot trickier than it actually is.
It appears tight but if the cable is installed as they instruct everything falls into place easily. The "rolling" feature that pulls the cable tight when the brake is applied is pretty solid. It's quite smooth too. I had a Canyon Speedmax CF before this and these brakes are a dream compared to those. Super easy to access too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sportyone13 wrote:
where do you get the bento box from the E119+? haven't seen it aftermarket anywhere - or do you have to buy through an Argon dealer?

someone posted this in another thread
https://www.bikebug.com/...hp?products_id=63169

I have never used them or know them. I just remember seeing it
Last edited by: marcag: Jan 13, 17 11:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the bento box from Primera Sports in the UK - where I got the bike from too. I think it was £25 including postage.

I got the shop to build up the bike for me so don't know how easy/difficult the initial set up of the rear brake is, but it is functional. Not as powerful as my old Dura-Ace road bike rear brake, but it scrubs the speed when needed - for a tri bike I would say it's perfectly acceptable in terms of power.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a beautiful machine!
Quote Reply