Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pulled over for a cracked windshield...
Quote | Reply
... and "numerous long objects" (like air fresheners) hanging from the rear view mirror. So says the arresting officer (the driver had a number of weapons inside).

Sounds legit.

http://www.nj.com/...unnel_gun_cache.html

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled over for a cracked windshield... [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That front bumper rack looks like he's down for some surf fishing... Dude can't be all bad (probably safe to assume it's a dude, ya think?)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember this story from back when they were first arrested (I think it's the same story?).

These guys don't keep a low profile, do they?

Weren't these the guys who were going to go beat up some heroin dealers or something?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A truck owned by a shooting range had guns inside? Shocking.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled over for a cracked windshield... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and and and....
body armour!

http://www.cbc.ca/...-gun-range-1.1223127
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled over for a cracked windshield... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably iii%ers.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"The hearing was scheduled after lawyers for the three Pennsylvania residents facing weapons and drug charges in the case filed motions to suppress evidence in the case -- five loaded handguns, a shotgun, an assault rifle, body armor and three bags of marijuana and a pipe"

"Cramsey, who was sitting in the passenger's seat, said there were, but that they were legally registered to him, and that he was a firearms instructor who trained police officers,"

One dumb instructor!
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled over for a cracked windshield... [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Probably iii%ers.

On the down low, of course.

One of my suppliers is a 3per. He's got all the stickers and shit on his truck.

Dumb to be advertising that shit.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In much smaller scale, this story also reminds me of the North Hollywood shoot out. Where the two murderers were pulled over by the cops, busted for multitude of crimes including having an arsenal, They got a slap on the wrist, and then were given back their arsenal and soon after went to war with North Hollywood..

Events Prior to the Shootout:
During their travel, the two robbed a FirstBank-owned armored car at Littleton, Colorado, on July 20, 1993; there were no casualties. On October 23, 1993, at Glendale, California, Phillips and Mătăsăreanu, driving in a brand-new red Ford Thunderbird that they rented from an airport, sped the car away from a gas station at high speeds. They were pursued by the patrolling Sergeant Ian Grimes, who eventually pulled them over. Grimes asked Phillips for his driver's license, to which Phillips attempted to make excuses that he accidentally left it at his home and Mătăsăreanu lying that the car belongs to Phillips' mother. However, Grimes, already aware of the car's status as an airport rental, ordered the two out of the Thunderbird, to which he noticed Phillips and Mătăsăreanu were both armed with 9mm Glock 17 pistols, which they were disarmed of.

A search was later made on the Thunderbird, where officers found the following: a PolyTech semiautomatic rifle with a folding stick that belonged to Mătăsăreanu; a Norinco MAK-90 semiautomatic rifle with a wooden stock that belonged to Phillips; a Springfield Armoury .45 pistol belonging to Phillips; a Colt .45 pistol belonging to Mătăsăreanu; 1,649 rounds of 7.62x39mm ammunition, most of them loaded into 30-round magazines; three Chinese-made 75-round drum magazines loaded with 7.62x39mm ammo; 967 rounds of 9mm JHP ammo; 357 rounds of .45 JHP ammo; six smoke bombs; two improvised explosive devices; a gas mask; two sets of National Armor Level III-A vests; two 200-channel, portable, programmable scanners with earpieces; sunglasses, gloves, wigs, ski-masks, and a stopwatch; two spray cans of gray Studio Hair Colour; three different California automobile license plates; and a sum of $1,620. It was possible that Phillips and Mătăsăreanu were speeding because they were urgently on their way to a safe house that they intended to store the above materials at.

http://criminalminds.wikia.com/...3t%C4%83s%C4%83reanu

Last edited by: getcereal: Jan 13, 17 7:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Again, I agree with the fundamentals of the III%ers. I just don't think it is wise to do so. Obviously young people like to be a part of something and advertise it, but the leadership of these organizations at local, state, and national levels has done a piss poor job of communicating to people that they need to dial it down. What good is an insurgency force when the time comes that has all their shit posted on facebook?

I have a III%er buddy (not just an acquaintance) who was at the original Bundy Ranch standoff with the feds. He told me he was armed there, but not those idiots pointing guns at the feds. Either way, feds showed up at his office, which is sales oriented a couple weeks later. I can't help but think facebook played a role in that fed finding his way into his office of employment. Now in fairness, this guy doesn't post shit about his activities, but some of the people he associates with do. All it takes is one of them to catch the attention at such an event, and the LE inertia takes effect.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure I see the issue.

The officer was on foot patrol, and it doesn't appear that the vehicle had been pulled over until the officer walked up to it and knocked on the window. The issue in court seems to be whether the stop was on account of the cracked windshield or something else, but the news article makes it appear that the officer had not stopped the vehicle when he first approached.

So what if the markings were the reason he walked closer or initially paid attention to the vehicle. He sees vehicle with markings. He's now curious and approaches. He then sees cracked windshield and then knocks on window, sees magazine and then asks driver to pull over. Why not just say that?

Say Forge is driving his jacked up truck and is stopped in traffic. Officer walking by sees the NAMBLA sticker on the bumper and approaches for a closer look. He then spots a violation and has him pulled over for that, at which point he discovers that Forge isn't wearing any pants.

Is there really anything wrong with an officer getting a closer look without having detained anyone?
Last edited by: AlanShearer: Jan 13, 17 9:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I can say is that I agree with you.

I comment any further.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled over for a cracked windshield... [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the New World Order ever does decide to kill me, I just hope they put a bullet in my head while I sleep or in the street. Please don't humiliate me or indignify me by leaving me hanging naked in the closet of a cheap hotel room.

If that is how I die, I was murdered.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL. But I'm confused, is that an hypothetical or you brainstorming on your latest case?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread established a new benchmark test for me to determine whether someone is fringe: do you have to google iiiper or 3per?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled over for a cracked windshield... [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I started a very detailed thread on IIIpers a couple days ago before this. We're going to see more stories like this. Hell, that dude who probably went into Ping Pong Pizza thinking Hillary ran an underage sex ring out of its basement was probably one.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't keep up with all your threads. You are getting as bad as Jonah Goldberg.

________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I looked up the thread. Yeah, wordy just like Goldberg. You could have said, "Hey, do you know about the iiipers? They are like me when I was younger."

Seriously, I appreciated reading about that.

________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lately I go in phases. I focus on work, get a lot done and even get ahead, then have time to let it all out like a caged animal.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My understanding is that the truck was lawfully stopped at the toll booth when the officer noticed it. As he walked closer to it, he noticed the crack in the windshield and the obstructed view from the air fresheners. He hurts his own credibility when he says he did not notice the high-vis green decals on it. My local laws would allow it to be stopped for several other reasons as well, including the aftermarket suspension, lights mounted above the headlights (only allowed around here if there is a plow mounted to the front that obscures the regular lights), and to check the load security of that cooler. Yes, petty. Also 100% legal, at least where I am from.

The cop didn't break any laws in moving to a position to see the crack in the windshield. He didn't break any laws in approaching the truck to speak with the driver. He didn't break any laws when he noticed the loaded magazine ("clip", also hurt his credibility with that one). So where is the issue here?

So what if he noticed the gun stickers? Do those make the driver and occupants immune from the law?

If you don't want to be a victim of crime, don't do anything to attract the attention of criminals. If you don't want to be caught breaking the law, don't do things to attract the attention of the police. That should be pretty easy to understand.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting from scratch...
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled over for a cracked windshield... [skinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's why I don't get how this is an issue. Something seems missing.
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled over for a cracked windshield... [skinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The DHS and other LE organization had noted affiliation to everyday organization such as the NRA, Libertarian Party, or even evangelical Christian organization domestic terrorist profile reports. This is the same federal gov't that investigates civil rights violations on police organizations that profile young black males who look like gang members or latinos who don't speak a word of English possibly being here illegally. I'm not asserting any is proper or not, but while I'm sure any one of those reasons might be a reason to ask questions, courts and the federal gov't have sided with people arrested by police on such initial suspicions. That's where they are going with this from a defense perspective. I don't think it is valid. Speaking in the 3per thread, its a two way street. If you do shit that calls attention to yourself, don't be surprised when you get unwanted attention by the police. Any like you said, any number of those things on his car in the absent of obvious allusion to gun rights advocate would stick out in New York and get unwanted attention from everybody, especially the police.

Sheeiit, when I go to California, I always have guns in my car per the California rules and laws. But driving an SUV, I clearly don't want them seen in my cargo area by police officer that stopped me for whatever. I would just not rather deal with any potential questions at best or at worse, deal with a cop who himself isn't familiar with all the complex California gun laws. So just better to put it under the other suit cases.

When you drive into a City/State hostile to gun owners in a vehicle that looks like something out of a comic book, with bright green pro gun stuff on it, you are going to draw attention to your car that likely has legitimate reasons to pull you over on it. That is common sense, which obviously this guy lacked.

Its like this guy watched too much Tango & Cash and Death Wish, maybe Commando to growing up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
TheForge wrote:
Probably iii%ers.

On the down low, of course.

One of my suppliers is a 3per. He's got all the stickers and shit on his truck.

Dumb. to be advertising that shit

FIFY.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" can't keep up with all your threads."

I've already got the solution for that. Just don't bother reading most of them.
Quote Reply