Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Freaking liberals and their ridiculous concern for the environment!
Quote | Reply
Is there no end to their absurdity?!?! This liberal environmental agenda needs to end!!!!

http://www.livescience.com/...radable-bullets.html

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Freaking liberals and their ridiculous concern for the environment! [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Freaking liberals and their ridiculous concern for the environment! [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our local gun range has switched to biodegradable shotgun shot. I think it's pretty cool.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just read headline of article to my wife and she said, "is that The Onion?"

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Is there no end to their absurdity?!?! This liberal environmental agenda needs to end!!!!

Something tells me if you lived in a war zone you would feel differently.

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Re: Freaking liberals and their ridiculous concern for the environment! [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:
veganerd wrote:

Something tells me you dont know who youre talking to

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:
veganerd wrote:

You live in a war zone?

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Re: Freaking liberals and their ridiculous concern for the environment! [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:
veganerd wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:
veganerd wrote:

You live in a war zone?

No, But i am sarcastic.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think this is specific to heavy artillery and only training purposes. Not small arms. Nor do I see anything that is addressing casings.

Many military bases have cordoned off areas where at one time heavy artillery training took place and rendered the area unsafe. So what these seem to amount to are training rounds that don't explode that over time plant themselves deep into the ground and leach into water sources. I also have doubts how inspired by military commanders this is vs DOD civilian central planners and appointees. Maybe Slowguy will know more about this.

But true ordinance and small arms will never be biodegradable. Lead free maybe, in fact, there are countries that utilize lead free small arms cartridges.

Cartridge, Caliber 5.56 mm, Ball, M855 Lead Free [Green tip]: 62-grain bullet with a steel penetrator tip over a tungsten-composite core in a partial copper jacket. Primarily used during training in countries with strict lead disposal laws.

Also large scale artillery training is concentrated at Ft Sill, OK. I don't know how much live artillery round training happens outside there. Perhaps all training off that sight uses inert projectiles for which this would replace.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Last edited by: TheForge: Jan 12, 17 15:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, and I don't think anybody would have a problem with a projectile that is lead free but meets or exceeds existing standards in a cost effective manner. I don't know anybody who likes the fact bullets are made of lead. Just that alternatives are costly prohibitive to many. And I haven't seen a single defensive bullet that was lead free that seems to match or exceed FBI standards.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:

Make me a market... who came up with this a civilian appointee or a war fighter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:

Back in the old days environmentalism had litle to do with politics. Everyone wanted a clean environment. In fact it was the Republican administration of Richard Nixon that set up the EPA. It was only after Ford started to roll back some of some of Nixon's legislations that it became a Dem vs Rep issue as Jimmy Carter ran as the environmentalist candidate.

Now I don't know how cost-effective these proposed ammunitions would be, but if you could accomplish your military goals without polluting the environment, why would you be opposed to that?
Quote Reply
Re: Freaking liberals and their ridiculous concern for the environment! [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Don't forget about test ranges. I live about an hour south of an old munitions test range and can vouch for the unbelievable expense in cleaning up the 100's of acres of spent ordinance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those damn tree-huggers at the Pentagon are even worried about climate change affecting sea levels in & around all their Naval bases, too ~ where will the madness ever end?!?
Quote Reply
Re: Freaking liberals and their ridiculous concern for the environment! [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
Those damn tree-huggers at the Pentagon are even worried about climate change affecting sea levels in & around all their Naval bases, too ~ where will the madness ever end?!?

I know! Climate change liberalism has infected all brances of the military!!! Those pinko commies are keeping us from making america great again

Quote Reply