Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The beginning of the return of Wildflower....? [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriCal did the Tinley's Adventure Triathlons at Lopez Lake, but the drought forced it to be cancelled in 2016, and for 2017 TriCal postponed all of their events. The March Tri series was put on by the CalPoly SLO Tri club, and for 2017 they have moved to the beach at Cayucos Beach.
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the return of Wildflower....? [clydecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
clydecat wrote:
TriCal did the Tinley's Adventure Triathlons at Lopez Lake, but the drought forced it to be cancelled in 2016, and for 2017 TriCal postponed all of their events. The March Tri series was put on by the CalPoly SLO Tri club, and for 2017 they have moved to the beach at Cayucos Beach.

2016 Aquathlon Nationals was supposed to be during the Tinley race, but was moved to Santa Cruz when Tinley's was cancelled.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the return of Wildflower....? [clydecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah it was the Cal Poly SLO race that I did. I really liked the venue other than the water being stupid cold. Great place for a short vacation for us from LA area, staying in Pismo Beach. Are there any similar events in April?
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the return of Wildflower....? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
733.5' today. spillway is 780'.

we were at 665' at race day last year. that means the lake has risen about 70'. how close to the spillway do we think it's going to get?

it's not linear. the higher the lake gets the longer it gets. we've gone from 8 percent capacity to 42 percent. it takes a lot more to raise the lake a foot now than it did a year ago.

not that it makes any difference. just habit, watching that damned thing.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the return of Wildflower....? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the updates. we've certainly got a few drops of rain here in Northern CA (Sacramento). It's actually sunny out now. I forgot what it looked like.

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we are almost at 50% now!
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the return of Wildflower....? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the return of Wildflower....? [bilmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
He acknowledged much of the work won’t be done before the lake opens, including removal of heavy wood debris in the lake from last summer’s Chimney Fire and the winter storms.

…

Supervisor Mary Adams asked if it was safe to allow visitors at the lake given the debris, along with road hazards such as downed trees, rocks and slides, erosion and hazardous trees, and was told anyone using the lake would need to use caution.

The beach day use area and restroom would be open but without beach guards and “Swim at Own Risk” signs would be posted.
So a "Tough Mudder" obstacle course swim? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

They are hiring staff and telling them that that is the open date.... Looks like I know what I'm doing on April 29-30th.... woot!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the return of Wildflower....? [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just had a thought. Since San Antonio is getting lots of water and it's going to open soon, I wonder if we in the tri community could get momentum going to pick a weekend in May and go have fun with a big but unofficial training and social thing. Call it Mildflower or whatever. If a bunch of us show up, camp, and s/b/r... it'd be awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the return of Wildflower....? [alexabbas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alexabbas wrote:
I just had a thought. Since San Antonio is getting lots of water and it's going to open soon, I wonder if we in the tri community could get momentum going to pick a weekend in May and go have fun with a big but unofficial training and social thing. Call it Mildflower or whatever. If a bunch of us show up, camp, and s/b/r... it'd be awesome!

Ooh, great idea. And mildflower is a strike of genius. I did an informal 70.3 with friends a while back, with a few other friends providing support, was a blast
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the return of Wildflower....? [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to get a group together to do it on the old announced date of April 29, campground is open... At least a few of us will be out there
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the return of Wildflower....? [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
peace242000 wrote:
I'm trying to get a group together to do it on the old announced date of April 29, campground is open... At least a few of us will be out there

I'm currently supposed to be traveling then, so I will most likely miss if it ends up being that date. But I'll follow the planning nonetheless, and if I miss, I'll be curious to hear how it goes because I'll likely try to recreate it later in the season with a few other friends.
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the return of Wildflower....? [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd show up
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the return of Wildflower....? [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seeyouincourt wrote:
I'd show up

Me too! Gotta love a race named after that horse!
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the return of Wildflower....? [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll post up details once we sort them out. Some of our college team wants to do it. Thinking of hiding bottles out on the bike and run course friday evening since we have no aid stations. We figure we'll see other people there, but we'd like to make an informal "race" out of it and all start at once.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was figuring on a "training 70.3" on the 29th at LSA. Where y'all swimming? What time? That is the only bit I haven't nailed unless I can get my kiddo out there on his kayak (20 y/o college kid with better things to do, unless for money). I probably have a bike SAG crew with hubby (not participating).

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone heard anything about Wildflower in 2018?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks to be confirmed:
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the return of Wildflower....? [Blainyboy8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blainyboy8 wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about Wildflower in 2018?
Tri-California Events:
Quote:
Although we still can not produce Wildflower this year the latest news from Lake San Antonio grows excitement towards a Wildflower 2018 at Lynch.
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the return of Wildflower....? [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A group of 15-20 of us will be arriving at the campgrounds this Friday Afternoon.
Swim start is set at 8AM Saturday, but we will discuss with other groups there if they want to change it. Several guys will be "racing" it, but many will just be out for a group swim and ride of the course. Come join us!
Quote Reply

Prev Next