Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Roka broke up with me. What do you recommend? [ROKA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rob,

I'm blown away. Gob-smacked.

That is incredible service on top of already incredible service! I can't wait to swim in the Maverick X.

Absolutely amazed!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ROKA wrote:
Hi Darren325,

Yikes! I'm just seeing this post now and am very sorry for your frustration. I wasn't aware of this, but what a pain in the ass having to deal with that issue repeatedly. Thanks for sticking in there as long as you did!!

To try to make it right, I'd like to send you a Maverick X wetsuit free of charge to see if that fixes this armpit issue for you (it is a different construction) and see if we can win back your business.

If interested, please ping me at rob@roka.com and let's see if we can get you sorted!

Best,
Rob

From Comp to Maverick X, not too shabby! I have the same armpit tears in my Elite, and Roka rejected my suggestion of just a discount on an X, since I figured that would save them having to repeatedly send me new Elites that would manifest the same issue. So I decided to hang on to my Elite--still functional despite the tears, though my repairs only seem to be a partial solution--and am waiting for the redesigned version.

Rob definitely goes above and beyond on customer service, kudos to Roka, and him specifically, for that.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka broke up with me. What do you recommend? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could not agree more Brian. Aquaman has been making top of the line wetsuit since 1984 and because I don t like to play the discount game people don t spend much time looking at them. Best wetsuit on the market for the quality, comfort and price. Emmanuel.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka broke up with me. What do you recommend? [emillet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
emillet wrote:
Could not agree more Brian. Aquaman has been making top of the line wetsuit since 1984 and because I don t like to play the discount game people don t spend much time looking at them. Best wetsuit on the market for the quality, comfort and price. Emmanuel.

I completely agree! I suggest anyone looking for an amazing wetsuit should check these out. I've been so happy with them for many years, and Emmanuel is the best at fitting and helping make decisions.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka broke up with me. What do you recommend? [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roka back their products with exceptional service.

If only they'd find a better international shipping service - their charges are astronomical!

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Roka broke up with me. What do you recommend? [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love my De Soto T1 wetsuit.
Had it for years, just keeps working.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ROKA wrote:
Hi Darren325,

Yikes! I'm just seeing this post now and am very sorry for your frustration. I wasn't aware of this, but what a pain in the ass having to deal with that issue repeatedly. Thanks for sticking in there as long as you did!!

To try to make it right, I'd like to send you a Maverick X wetsuit free of charge to see if that fixes this armpit issue for you (it is a different construction) and see if we can win back your business.

If interested, please ping me at rob@roka.com and let's see if we can get you sorted!

Best,
Rob
Can I just say that this should the template for customer service.

Not only the offer, but the tone and understanding communicated in the short message.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Re: Roka broke up with me. What do you recommend? [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Roka has the new second-generation wetsuit models up on their website, for the Pro, Elite, and Comp (X does not appear to have been updated, I assume because it's a more recent design). There doesn't seem to be any information posted on what's changed, will be curious to hear about any modifications, and specifically how they might have tweaked the fit to address the armpit tearing a number of us with non-X wetsuits have been experiencing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Niccolo,

We haven't finished updating the site yet for the formal launch, but here are some of the updates below.

The big push this year was to bring the free shoulder mobility and comfort we introduced to the X to the Pro and Elite, and to make the Comp faster and more durable.

1. For the Pro II and Elite II, we've updated the patterns to include our patent-pending Revolution X "arms up" design as well as the new "floating" neck pattern from the X. So these styles now have noticeably improved shoulder mobility and for most people should let in less water through the neck than the previous versions. This also addresses the issue you mentioned on the armpit. While that was not widespread for us by any means, we are always looking to get better, and the new pattern design doesn't include any seams there. The rest of the suits didn't need any update from our perspective and are unchanged and still super comfortable and fast (buoyancy profile, premium Yamamoto SCS coated neoprene of several varieties and thicknesses, same premium liners, etc).

The primary differences now between the X and Pro II are the internal support taping on the X, and the difference in pattern through the hips and legs. The primary differences between the Pro II and Elite II are the addition of the RS2 speed stripe (1.5mm) down the side of the leg in the Pro vs no side stripe in the Elite. Also, the Pro II has thin textile forearm panels while the Elite II has thin neoprene forearms. So overall, there is more rotational help engineered into the X and then progressively less as you move to Pro II and then Elite II and Comp II. The Elite and Comp are also slightly more buoyant in the legs, but all have our 1:3:5mm buoyancy ratio. Both the Elite II and Comp II have the same patented rotational buoyancy properties, but they are made with different materials.

3. Comp II - We added SCS coating to the Yamamoto neoprene to improve speed and durability. Now all of our suits are 100% Yamamoto SCS neoprene.

Other Details:

We held pricing with the last models, and we believe each suit beats the competition at its respective price tier. Of course, YMMV, so we'd encourage everyone to give them a shot and to try our suits with the full confidence of our 30-Day Moneyback Guarantee. Note we also offer free shipping and returns within the continental US, so it doesn't get much easier. Our size charts are very accurate, but we also have a knowledgeable customer experience team who can help you get sized properly if you have questions, so you don't have to worry about buying a bunch of different sizes at once. As always, you are welcome to confirm fit by swimming in the suit during the 30 day window. All suits have our standard two-year warranty, and of course we'll do our best to repair or replace a suit if there are every any issues on our end.

Any questions, please feel free to hit me up or contact us at 877-985-7652 or support@roka.com.

Best,
Rob

---
rob canales
ceo + co-founder at ROKA
http://www.roka.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ROKA wrote:
Hi Niccolo,

We haven't finished updating the site yet for the formal launch, but here are some of the updates below.

The big push this year was to bring the free shoulder mobility and comfort we introduced to the X to the Pro and Elite, and to make the Comp faster and more durable.

1. For the Pro II and Elite II, we've updated the patterns to include our patent-pending Revolution X "arms up" design as well as the new "floating" neck pattern from the X. So these styles now have noticeably improved shoulder mobility and for most people should let in less water through the neck than the previous versions. This also addresses the issue you mentioned on the armpit. While that was not widespread for us by any means, we are always looking to get better, and the new pattern design doesn't include any seams there. The rest of the suits didn't need any update from our perspective and are unchanged and still super comfortable and fast (buoyancy profile, premium Yamamoto SCS coated neoprene of several varieties and thicknesses, same premium liners, etc).

The primary differences now between the X and Pro II are the internal support taping on the X, and the difference in pattern through the hips and legs. The primary differences between the Pro II and Elite II are the addition of the RS2 speed stripe (1.5mm) down the side of the leg in the Pro vs no side stripe in the Elite. Also, the Pro II has thin textile forearm panels while the Elite II has thin neoprene forearms. So overall, there is more rotational help engineered into the X and then progressively less as you move to Pro II and then Elite II and Comp II. The Elite and Comp are also slightly more buoyant in the legs, but all have our 1:3:5mm buoyancy ratio. Both the Elite II and Comp II have the same patented rotational buoyancy properties, but they are made with different materials.

3. Comp II - We added SCS coating to the Yamamoto neoprene to improve speed and durability. Now all of our suits are 100% Yamamoto SCS neoprene.

Other Details:

We held pricing with the last models, and we believe each suit beats the competition at its respective price tier. Of course, YMMV, so we'd encourage everyone to give them a shot and to try our suits with the full confidence of our 30-Day Moneyback Guarantee. Note we also offer free shipping and returns within the continental US, so it doesn't get much easier. Our size charts are very accurate, but we also have a knowledgeable customer experience team who can help you get sized properly if you have questions, so you don't have to worry about buying a bunch of different sizes at once. As always, you are welcome to confirm fit by swimming in the suit during the 30 day window. All suits have our standard two-year warranty, and of course we'll do our best to repair or replace a suit if there are every any issues on our end.

Any questions, please feel free to hit me up or contact us at 877-985-7652 or support@roka.com.

Best,
Rob

Really appreciate the quick and super substantive reply. And kudos on those various updates! I'm particularly impressed by the degree to which you push improvements down the line, that makes the mid and lower-level suits great values and those who want incremental improvements or particular features and are willing to pay top dollar can go higher up or all the way to the top of the line. I've swum in a lot of suits, including several of yours, and as far as I'm concerned you make the best suits currently on the market paired with exceptional customer service. Keep it up and know that it's appreciated!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
niccolo,

I fully agree with you..Roka really are something else. And swimming in the Maverick X has been an astonishing revelation...what an amazing suit...comfortable and fast. I think what surprised me most about it is how easy it is to get out of...something that will make T1 even faster.

As I do do a lot of wetsuit swimming, I think I'm going to get a the competition II for my training swims and keep the X safe and sound for race days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rob

Great response on here. Kudos. I just swam in one of your wetsuits for the first time.... amazing. We had a Roka rep at swim practice today. I swam in the new arms up pro II. After swimming in it I am looking at moving up the X. It was very very very impressive. Keep making good stuff.

Thank you

Eugene
Quote Reply
Re: Roka broke up with me. What do you recommend? [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have a HUUB 4:4 suit ... got it in 13 should get at least 1-2 more years

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any word on FINA variations of your suits.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Roka broke up with me. What do you recommend? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
back to Roka, I think it is one of the great case studies that could be done in Triathlon. Truthfully, I don't know the backstory of the company from the beginning, but once Jesse Thomas, MBK, and Rapp came on board, it just seemed like every day I saw another pro athlete wearing a Roka.
Great timing! Triathlete.com: The Rise of ROKA.
Quote:
Their first wetsuit got buzz like no other, and more athletes have worn their swimskins at Kona than any other brand, two years running—no small feat for a company entering an already packed field.
“ROKA came in and kicked the door down,” says Bob Babbitt, Ironman Hall of Famer and the sport’s unofficial historian. “They are bright guys who asked, ‘If we want to be the preeminent brand in this space, who do we need to partner with and how do we differentiate ourselves?’” Babbitt compares the ROKA origin story to that of Under Armour: A business-savvy athlete identified an opportunity in a space crowded with established players and was successful because he offered a distinctive, quality product with a different attitude.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka broke up with me. What do you recommend? [uucee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uucee wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
back to Roka, I think it is one of the great case studies that could be done in Triathlon. Truthfully, I don't know the backstory of the company from the beginning, but once Jesse Thomas, MBK, and Rapp came on board, it just seemed like every day I saw another pro athlete wearing a Roka.
Great timing! Triathlete.com: The Rise of ROKA.
Quote:
Their first wetsuit got buzz like no other, and more athletes have worn their swimskins at Kona than any other brand, two years running—no small feat for a company entering an already packed field.
“ROKA came in and kicked the door down,” says Bob Babbitt, Ironman Hall of Famer and the sport’s unofficial historian. “They are bright guys who asked, ‘If we want to be the preeminent brand in this space, who do we need to partner with and how do we differentiate ourselves?’” Babbitt compares the ROKA origin story to that of Under Armour: A business-savvy athlete identified an opportunity in a space crowded with established players and was successful because he offered a distinctive, quality product with a different attitude.

I admit, I don't know the backstory too much either, but from perspective the value of hiring Ryan Dolan was the single biggest game changer for Roka. Surprised he didn't get a mention, hopefully he got a big bonus.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply

Prev Next