Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey slowguy! [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
I think Duffy meant "racial diversity," which is different from both cultural and ethnic diversity.

not sure what any of these three terms mean . . .

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Hey slowguy! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
It's one aspect of the US situation in a long list of them that makes a single payer system much more complicated her.

Different ethinicities have different medical needs, from both cultural and biological reasons.

Also on the US...

Huge population.

Our military defends pretty much every country with single payer (so they don't have to).

Non-homogenous population.

Very large country geographically.

Very large and inefficient bureaucratic machine here that is like nothing else on earth.

Etc. etc....

So the fact that we use more of our GDP on the military means we need to use more of our GDP on health care?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Jan 11, 17 13:00
Quote Reply
Re: Hey slowguy! [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Yes, I can see why it doesn't work in Canada...

Again, it's one factor in many.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Hey slowguy! [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
It's one aspect of the US situation in a long list of them that makes a single payer system much more complicated her.

Different ethinicities have different medical needs, from both cultural and biological reasons.

Also on the US...

Huge population.

Our military defends pretty much every country with single payer (so they don't have to).

Very large and inefficient bureaucratic machine here that is like nothing else on earth.

Etc. etc....

So the fact that we use more of our GDP on the military means we need to use more of our GDP on health care?

If the US had a military of half its current cost we could pay for a lot of stuff.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Also on the US...

Huge population.

Etc. etc....

If the US had a military of half its current cost we could pay for a lot of stuff.

The US spends 17.1% of GDP on health care, Canada 10.4%. We pay more for health care as a percent of GDP than any other country in the world. http://data.worldbank.org/...year_high_desc=false

You'd think we'd be trying to save money on that since we spend so much on the military.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
but then think about how non-homogenous your military is!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Also on the US...

Huge population.

Etc. etc....

The US spends 17.1% of GDP on health care, Canada 10.4%. We pay more for health care as a percent of GDP than any other country in the world. http://data.worldbank.org/...year_high_desc=false

You'd think we'd be trying to save money on that since we spend so much on the military.

What was that dry drunk thing you mentioned?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Hey slowguy! [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Nothing wrong with a good pie chart.

That's true. The problem is that there are so very, very few good pie charts.

I hope you'll agree this one is the best:
Quote Reply
Re: Hey slowguy! [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
Madduck wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
knewbike wrote:
9% sales tax? Barf.

That's it?

Yeah, not bad ... but they have to pay crazy $$$ for healthcare.

cuz yours is free...right?

Please tell me why Canada has single payer health care and a lower federal tax rate?

I'll throw in the softwood industry, and, effectively, massive subsidies from US taxpayers. In addition to military that you can run on the cheap because we have your back, we have much more of the specialized hospital capacity, and Canada (wisely) uses that as needed, we also pay far more for pharmaceuticals, thus allowing for huge industry profits and much cheaper prices there and everywhere else. That's a lot of savings. We also provide employment for all your better comedians!
-
ps on another note, Canada being by far the best place in the western hemisphere, why do you not have near the problem with illegal immigration that we do...heck, why do people stop here at all, and not just continue the pilgrimage north to the promised land?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey slowguy! [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My threads are awesome. Starts out as me having lunch and poking slowguy (because for some odd reason what I eat for lunch really bothers him) and morphs into a debate about Canadian demographics.

Fucking genius.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Huaraches today (no fish tacos here)...

Gonna surf on my way home.

That's a Spanish lesson.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey slowguy! [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Don't get mad at me, get mad at the graphs!

We had a Mexican up here on the island once.
Nice fellow.

Why you hatin' on the graphs? Racist!
Quote Reply

Prev Next