Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
chriskal wrote:
The Guardian wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
treimink wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
treimink wrote:
Nepotism should be the least of your worries - he (Kushner) is an idiot. And i say that as someone that was "less disgusted" with Trump than i would have been with Hillary.

https://www.google.com/...k3FUsmopNkiZt6Qdss1g

care to post your qualifications for this discussion.

Glad you asked. My wife went to high school with him at Frisch. He was widely known as a spoiled brat and, as i stated, an idiot. The entire school was shocked when he got into Harvard until the news came out regarding how exactly that came to be.

"It might arouse the ire of many that someone like Jared C. Kushner ’03, despite what could politely be described as modest academic credentials according to the book, gained admission in the wake of a $2.5 million donation from his billionaire father."

so that's a "no" you don't want to put your credentials up against his.

So he gained admission to Harvard because of a donation; and was the first and last to do so......... Are you suggesting he also got grades good enough to graduate (cum laude) and go on to earn an MBA and a JD because his father paid for those too.

Is the standard for someone's qualifications (about being an idiot or not) now simply how they behaved/performed during their high school years? As reported by another during that same period? Do you think I can't find someone from "Frisch" who thinks your wife was a spoiled brat and an idiot during the same period.

And her current qualifications are??? Still a spoiled brat and idiot or has she had opportunity to grow and mature?

What is your point here? The choice of senior advisor is not between Kushner and Treimink, or Treimink's wife, so your questions about their qualifications are not relevant, and you are just being a dick about his wife.

Not only that, but I'll bet that you, and ironmayb for that matter, can remember who were the smart kids, and who were the idiots, that you went to HS with. I certainly can.

Yep. Here's what else I bet you remember. The smart kids weren't always the ones with the best grades. Sometimes they skated through and then matured at a later date. And sometimes those that called people spoiled brats and idiots were the ones who didn't get invited to the "in crowd" stuff and were jealous.

Figured I'd jump into the crossfire with my useless 2 cents. I've audited the endowment of an Ivy League school - not Harvard. Yes, I wholeheartedly believe you can get yourself the fanciest titles from the fanciest schools with the fanciest grades if you have a rich parent. I pretty much read it on paper. There were kids with the whole apparatus of the "development office" behind them before they ever set foot on campus. When reviewing the donation records I read correspondence that went almost literally like this:

Dev Officer to Admissions: "I've got so and so coming whose father is so and so and they're contemplating a $5M gift to the school. This Ivy League school is not her top choice but she is on the waiting list for the other Ivy League School she likes better. I want you to get the chair of the department of the subject she wants to study to give her a private tour. Academically, I think she'll do alright here." Admissions: "OK, we'll arrange that".

Fuck me was that ever disgusting. But on the flip side - I saw personal checks from some of the wealthiest people on the planet.

Regarding Kushner - I know nothing about him but in light of first hand experience with how the wealthy acquire fancy credentials, I sure as shit don't believe that his resume means anything whatsoever. Just like Trump, he inherited his money and managed not to lose it all. That's good...but it doesn't necessarily require genius level anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Jared Kushner in the WHite House [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

I think kushner is qualified to advise a president.

It's kind of a distraction, but why? What do you base that opinion on, other than the fact Trump appointed him? He's a 35 year old guy with no real accomplishments of his own in the field he actually works in- which isn't anything to do with public policy.

it's one of those things that ironmayb just "knows" deep down inside.
Quote Reply
Re: Jared Kushner in the WHite House [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for first hand insight. Nepotism in govt and lobbyists (reid & chamliss sons were i believe) really bites. Senior advisor is hilarious. But not all bad for kushner, he cut gov christie off at the knees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
chriskal wrote:
The Guardian wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
treimink wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
treimink wrote:
Nepotism should be the least of your worries - he (Kushner) is an idiot. And i say that as someone that was "less disgusted" with Trump than i would have been with Hillary.

https://www.google.com/...k3FUsmopNkiZt6Qdss1g

care to post your qualifications for this discussion.

Glad you asked. My wife went to high school with him at Frisch. He was widely known as a spoiled brat and, as i stated, an idiot. The entire school was shocked when he got into Harvard until the news came out regarding how exactly that came to be.

"It might arouse the ire of many that someone like Jared C. Kushner ’03, despite what could politely be described as modest academic credentials according to the book, gained admission in the wake of a $2.5 million donation from his billionaire father."

so that's a "no" you don't want to put your credentials up against his.

So he gained admission to Harvard because of a donation; and was the first and last to do so......... Are you suggesting he also got grades good enough to graduate (cum laude) and go on to earn an MBA and a JD because his father paid for those too.

Is the standard for someone's qualifications (about being an idiot or not) now simply how they behaved/performed during their high school years? As reported by another during that same period? Do you think I can't find someone from "Frisch" who thinks your wife was a spoiled brat and an idiot during the same period.

And her current qualifications are??? Still a spoiled brat and idiot or has she had opportunity to grow and mature?

What is your point here? The choice of senior advisor is not between Kushner and Treimink, or Treimink's wife, so your questions about their qualifications are not relevant, and you are just being a dick about his wife.

Not only that, but I'll bet that you, and ironmayb for that matter, can remember who were the smart kids, and who were the idiots, that you went to HS with. I certainly can.

Yep. Here's what else I bet you remember. The smart kids weren't always the ones with the best grades. Sometimes they skated through and then matured at a later date. And sometimes those that called people spoiled brats and idiots were the ones who didn't get invited to the "in crowd" stuff and were jealous.

Figured I'd jump into the crossfire with my useless 2 cents. I've audited the endowment of an Ivy League school - not Harvard. Yes, I wholeheartedly believe you can get yourself the fanciest titles from the fanciest schools with the fanciest grades if you have a rich parent. I pretty much read it on paper. There were kids with the whole apparatus of the "development office" behind them before they ever set foot on campus. When reviewing the donation records I read correspondence that went almost literally like this:

Dev Officer to Admissions: "I've got so and so coming whose father is so and so and they're contemplating a $5M gift to the school. This Ivy League school is not her top choice but she is on the waiting list for the other Ivy League School she likes better. I want you to get the chair of the department of the subject she wants to study to give her a private tour. Academically, I think she'll do alright here." Admissions: "OK, we'll arrange that".

Fuck me was that ever disgusting. But on the flip side - I saw personal checks from some of the wealthiest people on the planet.

Regarding Kushner - I know nothing about him but in light of first hand experience with how the wealthy acquire fancy credentials, I sure as shit don't believe that his resume means anything whatsoever. Just like Trump, he inherited his money and managed not to lose it all. That's good...but it doesn't necessarily require genius level anything.

You guys have convinced me. I stand corrected by the ST collective. Kushner is a rich kid idiot and shouldn't be considered qualified to advise, with or without nepotism.

Who else in trumps circle should we disqualify as a rich idiot? I think Tillerson next.
Quote Reply
Re: Jared Kushner in the WHite House [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
Who else in trumps circle should we disqualify as a rich idiot?

Trump?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Jared Kushner in the WHite House [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
ironmayb wrote:

Trump?

Did your wife go to school in the same building as him? That's the litmus test
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha, I'm not arguing whether or not he's an idiot. I'm only providing first hand experience to discount the value of someone's resume when there's good reason to believe several line items may have been purchased.

It's entirely possible that Kushner would be a great advisor.

I, like you and vitus, think that he shouldn't get a job no matter what his qualifications. But since you brought up his qualifications as a potential argument, I decided to provide a counter point. Again, based on my limited experience in how prestigious schools manage their endowments.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
Haha, I'm not arguing whether or not he's an idiot. I'm only providing first hand experience to discount the value of someone's resume when there's good reason to believe several line items may have been purchased.

It's entirely possible that Kushner would be a great advisor.

I, like you and vitus, think that he shouldn't get a job no matter what his qualifications. But since you brought up his qualifications as a potential argument, I decided to provide a counter point. Again, based on my limited experience in how prestigious schools manage their endowments.

I appreciate your insight

I think/thought idiot was an easy and non helpful position to take. From there it took on a different track, admittedly in part because of me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
j p o wrote:
ironmayb wrote:

Trump?

No, but she IS smarter than him.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
j p o wrote:
ironmayb wrote:

Trump?

No, but she IS smarter than him.

I believe you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the new channels (think it was CBS) reported that basically there is nothing to this.

1. Because of Hillary's positions in Bills Staff the courts had already ruled the nepotism law does not apply to this type of position on the President's staff. it would apply to many other positions but not his personal staff.

2. He is not taking a salary. The only penalty for nepotism would be forfeiture of salary.

You may or may not like it, but there is precedence and no law is being broken.
Last edited by: patf: Jan 10, 17 8:19
Quote Reply
Re: Jared Kushner in the WHite House [treimink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
treimink wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
Do you think he is unqualified to provide advice to a president

Do you think he is an idiot.

Those are completely irrelevant questions. The problem is the relationship between Kushner and Trump, not his qualifications. If you start appointing people related to you, who decides if the person being appointed is qualified or not? He could be the world's best advisor but he can do that without actually being formally appointed to the position. The laws againsty nepotism are there for a very good reason.

The "unpaid" part is also not really comforting because he will get paid one way or another. I'd much rather someone take a salary, at least then we know that some of his compensation is legitimate and open to the public.

I agree completely. My questions were in response (originally) to someone who felt that kushner shouldn't be an advisor because he is an idiot (because his wife says so).

I think kushner is qualified to advise a president. I don't think he should advise this president for the same reasons as you

I think you meant "because his spoiled brat wife actually WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL with him".

For sure, a wiki page is more reliable. what does your wiki page say about you?

you are defending your hard on for kushner throughout this page. i can't tell if you really like him or just want to go down swinging.

Yes we are all quite impressed that your wife went to Frisch. And GW. You have gone out of your way to back door brag both of these. Without question the fact that she may have seen him in a hallway 18 years ago is far greater evidence of his capabilities than his qualifications on his Wiki page.

See here's the thing; I don't have a wiki page. But I'm not the guy who saw fit to call Kushner an idiot. That was you. I'm the guy who challenged you to describe your wiki page in relation to Kushner's so we could decide what qualified you to make that determination. Your qualification thus far is your wife attended the same school 18 years ago.

I bet they were close........ I bet Kushner could pick your wife out of a class photo......... and I bet that has nothing to do with how she feels about him........

EDIT: I don't particularly care about him one way or another. I don't think he should be any part of a Trump administration.
Last edited by: ironmayb: Jan 10, 17 8:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jesus mate, you might want to walk this back a bit

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Jared Kushner in the WHite House [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:

yeah you're probably right. But Trimink seems to be enjoying the ramp up.

When you read through our exchange just recognize I haven't used any term except what he has chosen to use first. Idiot, spoiled brat etc etc. We can throw those out at a faceless guy like Kushner but when they are used closer to home we get offended.

Also, I have been told to fuck myself, called a twat, and threatened in a veiled way about how he hopes we meet at an Ironman. Just in case walking back a bit is in order.

All because he decided to call Kushner an idiot and I challenged that position; in a thread where his intelligence really wasn't the issue.

But you are right; I am being a dick.
Quote Reply
Re: Jared Kushner in the WHite House [treimink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
treimink wrote:

treimink

it has been brought to my attention that I am too far over the line, even for the LR.

I apologize to you and your wife and I retract everything I have said after this point. I will take your word for it that Kushner is an idiot. And I will vacate this thread. Carry on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you all. This makes me feel great - this discourse reminds me about natural diversity this sport used to enjoy decades ago when I join triathlon "club."

May I suggest modification to the original statement that might conclude this thread: Jared Kurshner is not qualified to be a senior White House adviser in any prior administration. Jared Kurshner is qualified to be a senior White House adviser for his FIL.
Quote Reply
Re: Jared Kushner in the WHite House [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Guardian wrote:
Seems like most of us agree the nepotism shouldn't get a pass.

To me, this sort of sums up the overall concern with Trump, not that he will make a few missteps, but that he, and his team, seem to have absolutely no regard for even the optics of their decisions.

Communications person who plagiarized her book and her PhD thesis - no problem.

Conflict of interest between business holdings and presidential post - nothing to worry about.

Son in law as advisor - ignore the rules.

Supporting Russian hackers - what's the big deal?

Ormarosa as a member of his team, and who rants on and on about how all of Trump's enemies will have to bow down to him - cool.

For as much as we "hate" our political foes, most of us believe in the rule of law and the civility and nods to the underlying checks and balances that following certain rules and practices brings with it. And we want those upheld, even if they don't always go our way.

Trump, to me, just seems to blow through all of that. If he doesn't like something, no matter if it is law, or good taste, or better optics, he just ignores it - and right now there seem to be no repercussions.

That seems much more like the actions of a tinpot dictator, than of someone who is to lead the largest democracy in the world, and is kind of scary.

I'm thrilled that so many people are now interested in who the POTUS surrounds himself with. There may be hope for us, after all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
ironmayb wrote:

Trump?

To be fair, Trump is only in Trump's circle half the time.
Quote Reply
Re: Jared Kushner in the WHite House [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't that the only reason why Mrs. Clinton was even an option for President?

I'd rather have smart people advising the new president rather than the whole Clinton Clan in for amother term. Get it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:

meh. i feel sorry for him. he's so far off the mark on his typecasting it's entertaining. i grew up in a small town in northern indiana, we had little $, and my wife's family had even less. i think ironmayb thinks we met when our yachts crashed into each other on the long island sound.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
'

jesus, mate, I guess if you were looking for an exhibition of class in this thread you are only going to get one..........
Quote Reply

Prev Next