Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Golden Globes - Meryl Streep [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:
JSA wrote:
"Hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners, and if you kick us all out, you’ll have nothing to watch except for football and mixed martial arts, which are not arts." -- Meryl Streep

Sounds good to me!

#DancemonkeyDANCE!

Did she really say that? I also agree with you... or I already practice pretty much what she says... I watch MMA and football with a little bit of triathlon/swimming mixed in. The rest I really don't care for.

Yep.

"Hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners, and if we kick 'em all out, you'll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts," Streep said while taking aim at President-elect Donald Trump's view for his presidency

http://www.si.com/...ma-diss-bellator-170

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Globes - Meryl Streep [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aw, The full transcript of Streep's beautiful propaganda speech;

"I love you all." (even Mel Gibson and Vince Vahn?) "You have to forgive me, I have lost my voice in screaming and lamentation this weekend and I have lost my mind sometime earlier this year so I have to read."
No argument here!

"Thank you, Hollywood Foreign Press. Just to pick up on what Hugh Laurie said, you and all of us in this room really belong to the most vilified segments of American society right now. Think about it: Hollywood, foreigners and the press."
No love for the US liberal press?

Wait! What I thought supporters of the racist -Trump are the most vilified?

"But who are we and, you know, what is Hollywood, anyway? It’s just a bunch of people from other places. I was born and raised and educated in the public schools of New Jersey, Viola was born in a sharecropper's cabin in South Carolina, came up in Central Falls, R.I. Sarah Paulson was born in Florida, raised by a single mom in Brooklyn. Sarah Jessica Parker was one of seven or eight kids from Ohio, Amy Adams was born in Vicenza, Veneto, Italy and Natalie Portman was born in Jerusalem" ('Israel' hahaha she just can't say it) "Where are their birth certificates?"
What is the premise? Are people questioning these actors legal status to work here? Nope, this is bull shit propaganda!

"And the beautiful Ruth Negga was born in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, raised in Lon – no, in Ireland, I do believe, and she’s here nominated for playing a small-town girl from Virginia. Ryan Gosling, like all the nicest people, is Canadian. And Dev Patel was born in Kenya, raised in London and is here playing an Indian raised in Tasmania. So Hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners and if we kick them all out, you’ll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts."
Is Trump's plan- to kick all these people out? I did not know this.
Art is in the eye of the beholder, she should understand this.

"They gave me three seconds to say this (if only), so. An actor’s only job is to enter the lives of people who are different from us and let you feel what that feels like. And there were many, many, many powerful performances this year that did exactly that, breathtaking, compassionate work."
And to spread propaganda for their ideology!

"But there was one performance this year that stunned me. It sank its hooks in my heart, not because it was good, it was – there’s nothing good about it. But it was effective and it did its job. It made its intended audience laugh and show their teeth."
Actually No this lie didn't happen in 2017 or even 2016. So Trump did a performance to make fun of a handicapped person so he can get elected? Is she also saying Trump supporters (the deplorables) like laughing at disabled people? More proof of the disconnect of what these elitist think of Trumpsters.

"It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter," Really does this disabled person flail his arms and make a lost look face? "someone he outranked in privilege and power and the capacity to fight back. It, it kind of broke my heart" (I wonder how she felt about the Chicago 4?) "when I saw it and I still can’t get it out my head because it wasn’t in a movie. It was real life. And this instinct to humiliate when it’s modeled by someone in the public platform, by someone powerful, it filters down into everybody’s life because it kind of gives permission for other people to do the same thing. What if you are wrong about what you believe. Does this give everyone permission to falsely ridicule people even if you don't know the truth?
The reporter is hardly a powerless individual with ‘no capacity to fight back’; he’s a long-time Pulitzer-prize winning investigative journalist at the New York Times, a paper that’s trashed Trump for decades. Shame on her thinking a handicapped person is powerless to fight back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aYFC_7ZIn4

Disrespect invites disrespect. Violence incites violence. When the powerful use their position to bully others, we all lose. OK, go on with that thing. OK, this brings me to the press. We need the principled press to hold power to account, to call them on the carpet for every outrage.
This principled press you talk of, are these the same newspapers that endorsed Hillary 56 to Trump 2?
Hahaha, The hypocrisy of the left.

"That’s why our founders enshrined the press and its freedoms in our constitution. So I only ask the famously well-heeled ( Definition-affluent, deep-pocketed, fat, fat-cat, flush, loaded, moneyed) Hollywood foreign press and all of us in our community to join me in supporting the Committee to Protect Journalists, ’cause we’re going to need them going forward and they’ll need us to safeguard the truth."
So support bought and paid for- fake news.
Sorry Sunshine but your old media, Hollywood, foreign press and their ivory tower elitist are being taken down quickly by alternative media.

"One more thing. Once when I was standing around the set one day, whining about something, we were going to work through supper or the long hours or whatever, Tommy Lee Jones said to me: “Isn't it such a privilege, Meryl, just to be an actor?” Yeah, it is. And we have to remind each other of the privilege and the responsibility of the act of empathy. We should be very proud of the work Hollywood honors here tonight,"
But instead of feeling honored and gracious tonight. I will use my time to express hate and some propaganda!

"As my, as my friend, the dear departed Princess Leia, said to me once: “Take your broken heart, make it into art.”
RIP Carrie Fisher

Thank you, Foreign Press.
F' everyone else!
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Globes - Meryl Streep [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I actually think people should be free to use whatever forum they want t speak their mind. Streep did us all a favor by showing us what an idiot she is.

This is a good thing.

Hey.. life has been very unfair to Meryl Streep. When I think of the countless injustices and indecencies thrust upon her by a ruthless society, I'm even more proud that she fiercely challenged the power structure that has held her back in both her personal and professional life.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Globes - Meryl Streep [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, keep attacking the messenger and you won't have to address the childish behavior of our soon to be president.

It doesn't matter if Streep is the devil herself, it only distracts from his behavior, it doesn't excuse it.
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Globes - Meryl Streep [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Donald Trump has been a celebrity since the early 80's, well at least in NYC. His "celebrity" was started with his contentious real estate projects in NYC. That and because he was constantly making noise about himself, like on Howard Stern.... Oh and cheating in his wife (openly) with Marla Maples. I remember the Post headlines and photos vividly.
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Globes - Meryl Streep [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
Yep, keep attacking the messenger and you won't have to address the childish behavior of our soon to be president.

It doesn't matter if Streep is the devil herself, it only distracts from his behavior, it doesn't excuse it.

I think I am attacking her propaganda message. If she just said Trump is a clown. I could live with that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You do know the Hollywood Foreign Press Association IS the organization that awards the Golden Globes, right? That's why she is thanking THEM specifically. Like when people win an Oscar, they thank "The Academy".

And no, I don't believe the HFP Association and reports are as you say... Definition-affluent, deep-pocketed, fat, fat-cat, flush, loaded, moneyed) , Considering they are A NON-PROFIT.
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Globes - Meryl Streep [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sto wrote:
You do know the Hollywood Foreign Press Association IS the organization that awards the Golden Globes, right? That's why she is thanking THEM specifically. Like when people win an Oscar, they thank "The Academy".

And no, I don't believe the HFP Association and reports are as you say... Definition-affluent, deep-pocketed, fat, fat-cat, flush, loaded, moneyed) , Considering they are A NON-PROFIT.

I didn't say they are, she did: Meryl~ "So I only ask the famously well-heeled " I looked up the definition of "well-heeled" and it said- affluent, deep-pocketed, fat, fat-cat, flush, loaded, moneyed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:

I think I am attacking her propaganda message. If she just said Trump is a clown. I could live with that.

As far as I know, she doesn't have a problem with him being a clown. She does have a problem with him using his platform to mock a handicap person and thus making it a little more acceptable for others to do the same.

Like everything else, it just turns into a right/left pissing match.
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Globes - Meryl Streep [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
getcereal wrote:

As far as I know, she doesn't have a problem with him being a clown. She does have a problem with him using his platform to mock a handicap person and thus making it a little more acceptable for others to do the same.

Yeah!! That makes total sense. Trump who wants to be elected president is doing it by mocking disabled people, his goal is to get everyone to climb on board and make it acceptable.
Make America great again by mocking the handicapped! Meryl are you high?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nobody anywhere said that he used the platform to mock a disabled reporter as a campaign strategy to gain more votes. What are you reading that makes you infer that?

What was said is that he used his position to mock a disabled reporter, made it a joke that gained traction amongst some of his supporters, and that disrespect he exhibited was parlayed into a culture that's now more accepting of disrespectful actions in someone in his position. That's indisputable, unless you can somehow come up with a previous President or President-elect who has engaged in such nasty personal attacks against citizens who oppose their positions and methods. His actions are unprecedented for a President and they're certainly not Presidential behavior. Maybe they're diversionary tactics, but it makes them no less childish.

getcereal wrote:
Thom wrote:
getcereal wrote:

Yeah!! That makes total sense. Trump who wants to be elected president is doing it by mocking disabled people, his goal is to get everyone to climb on board and make it acceptable.
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Globes - Meryl Streep [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Duffy wrote:
What's her beef with mma?

I'd guess she has an issue with the use of "arts" as a descriptor.

Looks like it may be a little more than that (I thought the MMA reference seemed too out of left field not to have a reason)...

Quote:
Streep is repped by Creative Artists Agency, the chief Hollywood rival of WME-IMG, which purchased the UFC in 2016.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/...olden-globes-mention

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Thom wrote:
getcereal wrote:

She's smart, she knows this is a great big add campaign for her in the Hollywood crowd, when was the last time she had this much press, paid for or free?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Globes - Meryl Streep [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"when was the last time she had this much press,"

Uh, maybe the last time she was nominated for an Oscar. Last time was in 2015. She has only been nominated nineteen times and won three of those not to mention the many other awards she's won or been nominated for. You really are fucking brain dead aren't you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...ived_by_Meryl_Streep
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Globes - Meryl Streep [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
"when was the last time she had this much press,"

Uh, maybe the last time she was nominated for an Oscar. Last time was in 2015. She has only been nominated nineteen times and won three of those not to mention the many other awards she's won or been nominated for. You really are fucking brain dead aren't you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...ived_by_Meryl_Streep

So, you are saying that she got as much press in 2015 as she has after this rant?

Did the right wing media talk about it as much as they have this year?

Yep, I'm fucking brain dead cunt, dufs. :)

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Duffy wrote:
What's her beef with mma?

I'd guess she has an issue with the use of "arts" as a descriptor.

Looks like it may be a little more than that (I thought the MMA reference seemed too out of left field not to have a reason)...

Quote:
Streep is repped by Creative Artists Agency, the chief Hollywood rival of WME-IMG, which purchased the UFC in 2016.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/...olden-globes-mention

As if that even crossed her mind. The MMA media is really reaching here.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Globes - Meryl Streep [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still think her MMA reference was way too odd not to have some other underlining meaning for her.

Something about it is personal, IMHO.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I still think her MMA reference was way too odd not to have some other underlining meaning for her.

Maybe she bet heavy on Rousey's return and lost her ass.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Globes - Meryl Streep [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Yep, I'm fucking brain dead cunt, dufs. :)"

You can dish it out but you can't take it eh Bubba.

If you did a world poll, I'm sure at least as many people know of Meryl Streep as they do Donald Trump, and have a much kinder impression of her.
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Globes - Meryl Streep [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
"Yep, I'm fucking brain dead cunt, dufs. :)"

You can dish it out but you can't take it eh Bubba.

If you did a world poll, I'm sure at least as many people know of Meryl Streep as they do Donald Trump, and have a much kinder impression of her.

You've moved the goal post but haven't answered the question.

Yeah, I'm a delicate flour, I need my safe space. Lol

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Maybe this will help:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He looks pretty 'roided up.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Globes - Meryl Streep [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like Hollywood gives a crap about disabled people. How many people who are ACTUALLY disabled play disabled people in movies/TV? Very, very few. Mostly those parts go to able-bodied people who have to fake the disability. Maybe a little put up or shut up is in order from Hollywood.
Quote Reply

Prev Next