Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Welcome to the disc brake era. How will YOU navigate rapid equipment obsolescence? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
The early 90's... some pretty fast performances in those years. *cough*

devashish_paul wrote:
Karl wrote:
Easy, I will not buy a disk brake bike. Canyon or P5 are in my future.
But go ahead and enjoy spending your money anyway you want!

Better yet, all you guys who buy disc brake bikes...I'll buy your second hard wheels and fast bikes at firesale prices...everyone wins. Last time I checked almost no one is going faster than Mark Allen's 8:07 in Kona on Zipp 440's and a Huffy

I'm going to give Mark Allen in 92 the benefit of the doubt that the super stuff that Indurain, Rominger, Riis, Bugno, Chiapucci, Delgado and crew were on starting in 91 (when they left Lemond behind) )was not quite in Kona 'yet' by 92. Mark's performance was in line with his own performance 89 and 90 and that's the year that Lemond won the TdF purportedly before the peloton went on the EPO superjuice.

So I know that Dan is more liberal with accusations now, but if you're talking 92 in triathlon you probably need to be more careful....performances from 1994 till today, well we have no clue who was/is on what.

The doctor on Lemond's team in 1989, Dr. Van Mol, gave EPO to at least one rider on the team in 1988 after diagnosing him with anemia. LeMond claimed he had anemia in 1989 during the Giro, but I am sure that was just a coincidence. After all, like Sgt. Schultz, LeMond saw nothing amiss with his rivals who were all doping in the 80s. Doping in cycling started with Armstrong, dammit, and that is why LeMond had to use his 1970s knowledge of exercise physiology to figure out Lance was doping instead of first hand knowledge of a sport where doping was as normal as putting air in tires.
Quote Reply
Re: Welcome to the disc brake era. How will YOU navigate rapid equipment obsolescence? [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't believe this thread has made it 3 pages without a single reply from you. People are way too sensitive here.....

Bravo sir..... golf clap......

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Welcome to the disc brake era. How will YOU navigate rapid equipment obsolescence? [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
still running a 7spd drivetrain on my road bike, have not had any trouble finding parts for it.. nice and cheap, the way I like it.
still have tubulars on the race bike too, though if racing IM I would reconsider.
for bleeding edge tech, there are still a good number of discless frames available, and I'd be very surprised to see them disappear. Obsolescence may be problem for the fashion-conscious but it isn't anything I worry about..
Quote Reply
Re: Welcome to the disc brake era. How will YOU navigate rapid equipment obsolescence? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I can't believe this thread has made it 3 pages without a single reply from you.

Troll Index (TI) is calculated as number of replies divided by number of posts by the OP. So adding posts to your own thread rarely helps your score. That said, I've seen some excellent two-part trolls before, where an OP is able to come back and bring a thread back to life and more than double the number of replies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My bike is 12 years old and I just bought new brake pads, homie. I'll stay with what I have, but thanks anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Welcome to the disc brake era. How will YOU navigate rapid equipment obsolescence? [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
Not really sure if you actually believe what you write, or are truly just trying to be an asshole.....or both.

Nailed it right on the head! Pubes, that's gotta hurt. lol!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Disc brakes remind me of 3D TV's a few years ago. Only time will tell.

But we are a resourceful bunch and will figure it out. In the meantime I'll keep rolling hydraulic.
Quote Reply

Prev Next