Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Movie rev, Hidden Figures
Quote | Reply
I’d have to say this was one of the best two hours I’ve spent watching a movie. My wife, who knows far more about movie “quality” than I do, (among other things she was a TV producer for several years), also loved it. She pointed out a few tech issues and yep, you don’t bypass the starter in a car, you bypass the solenoid, but these little gaffs don’t harm the main story line. I can’t speak to the accuracy of the history. Since it is Hollywood, I’m sure there is plenty of artistic license taking place. I plan to do a little research on my own as it was just fascinating to me. And yet another validation of how special those first astronauts and all the folks working to get them up into space and back home safely were.
Quote Reply
Re: Movie rev, Hidden Figures [Mike D1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'm looking forward to watching the movie. It'll be a change from the action movies my 15 year old son prefers.

Interestingly, this is the second reference to these women in recent popular culture. Several weeks ago the ABC TV show "Timeless" did an episode entitled "Space Race" where one of these women played a central role. (The premise of the show is a bad guy and some good guys/gals time hopping to various historical events. Obviously, the bad guy is trying to disrupt history.)
Quote Reply