Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If a ticketing agency stuffs up your major event seats, what recourse should one pursue?
Quote | Reply
In my recent thread about posting your face palm moments, I alluded to the situation whereby I apparently stuffed up the date for my Hopman Cup (tennis mixed teams) seats thinking they were for today (Friday) and being told yesterday on the phone (from the agency) that they were in fact for Wednesday. Platinum seats to the value of $360 to watch Roger Federer play for perhaps the only time in my life. I was asked to check my email confirmation and sure enough it said that there were two order numbers 161005 and 116782 for Wednesday 4th January (note the purchase was for a combined day [Germany vs England]and night [Switzerland vs France] session so perhaps that explained why there were two numbers). At the time I wondered how I had stuffed that up because I was convinced it was for Friday. I accepted it and moved on.

Anyway today I get a call from the agency asking if we still wanted to see Federer because some nosebleed seats up back had become available but we would need to pay for them. At this stage I was tired and didn't want to sit up the very back so the estranged said she would take our son for the combined $50.

Out of curiosity I logged into my App for the ticket agency and sure enough it says I have three tickets in my online wallet for that stadium tonight, under 'Multi-sessions'. Gives a strange time (7pm) as the day session starts at 10:30am and the night commences at 5:30pm. Anyway trying to click on those tickets says to please check back later as tickets for event are not yet available, check back closer to the event. The wallet also includes older (November) tickets I booked for a concert for my parents (correct date and showing seat info) plus an upcoming event I booked for my daughter (Disney on Ice) which also shows correct date and seats. So not sure why the seat info didn't display.

If I go to the actual website for the agency and log into my account it shows that on Oct 5 my order number 116782 (one of the two numbers listed in the email) is for 6th January 2017 (tonight) but giving yet another time 1:00pm to 5:30pm, for 2 adults plus child for Hopman Cup Your Choice of One Day and One Night but just shows Section as General Admission whereas other events in the web version show actual seats.

The only thing I can think of is that back when I booked the seats I had two separate browsers open (they run an 8 minute timeout feature) to see the difference in seat quality between the different Federer sessions (Mon/Wed/Fri). As I said I am convinced that I bought the Friday seats but perhaps the system was getting confused with caching or something so that when I clicked purchase it may have linked my IP with the other window. I don't really know.

Anyway looks like Fed might make the final for tomorrow night but they would likely have sold the good seats for the final a while ago. The estranged said a guy was at the ticketing window buying whatever seats he could for tomorrow.

Yes I had the email saying the 4th, but I generally go by my wallet app which just showed a date of the 6th. I didn't bother looking further because I would have done that today. So what are the range of recourse options I could, or should, pursue? I believe a glitch in their system allowed this to happen. The guy at the counter told the estranged just before I should call back during the week and they can probably issue a refund. It's not just the money for me, but the fact that I missed potentially a once off opportunity to see this. I'm pretty pissed as I bought the combined day/night earlier to guarantee good seats for a Federer match.
Quote Reply
Re: If a ticketing agency stuffs up your major event seats, what recourse should one pursue? [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At a minimum you get a refund. Take a screenshot of the wrong date and time and get on the phone with customer service ASAP.
Quote Reply
Re: If a ticketing agency stuffs up your major event seats, what recourse should one pursue? [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was a little confused at first when I read "stuff up a seat."
Quote Reply