Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cheap / Free Audiobooks
Quote | Reply
I went to download some audiobooks and noticed they are $15-$25 each. Was wondering if there are less expensive ways to get audio books....apart from having a kindle/computer read the book? Wanted to listen to some books on the trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: Cheap / Free Audiobooks [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe there are a couple of subscription services for audio books, so that might be ~$10ish/month for the ~3 months of trainer season. The apps I've used in the past for free audio books are serviceable, but the voices are annoyingly wooden so I deleted them. Now I just pick an informative podcast that's the approximate length of the time I'd like to be on the trainer and go with that and save my reading for when I can actually have a book in front of me.
Quote Reply
Re: Cheap / Free Audiobooks [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good idea on podcasts....I have never listened to any, I will look for some of those!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
*cough*the*cough*pirate*cough*bay*cough*.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know where you're from, but my town's library has 100's of audio books that I can check out for free... They also have an online library through Overdrive that allows me to borrow them online directly... Join the library...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM'd you the how to get free anything guide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The library
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm lazy and don't like to wait in line for the audio books so we bought an audible.com subscription it is about 10 or 12 bucks a month and that gives you one book per month. If you dig a little there is also a gold or platinum membership that if you pay up front give you all the credits for the books at once. This is ski season for us so we get through more than 1 book a month so the platinum membership was better. There is also a lot of free book codes on audible if you just want to try it out.

Ben
Quote Reply
Re: Cheap / Free Audiobooks [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1
Quote Reply
Re: Cheap / Free Audiobooks [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+2
Now that I have a longer commute I listen to audiobooks all the time. Overdrive is a neat compliment to actual CDs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have Amazon Prime they have a bunch for free. I've only downloaded some so far but haven't listened yet, so I can't attest to the quality.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the library... but I'll read/listen to pretty much anything and don't care about waiting in a queue for newer releases
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazon has some for free and some very low priced. Youtube has tons but I'm guessing it's not on the up and up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Step 1: Get a library card at your local library
Step 2: Get the free app Overdrive, enter you library acct #
Step 3: As many free audio books as you could ever want
Quote Reply