Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your notable, personal face palm moments... [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
Last winter I had booked flights down to Florida part of which was to attend Bikeweek. I went to check in online the day before, and discovered I had booked the flights a week later. Cost me $400- $500 to get them changed, basically I just had to rebook and the other tickets went to waste.

That was actually going to be mine. 10 years ago I was flying to Boston to buy a motorcycle and ride it back. Go to check in, I had booked it for the day before. Luckily they had a seat on the flight for that day that left at the same time. I just paid twice.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your notable, personal face palm moments... [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In college while out one night my friends asked me if I knew any of the girls sitting a few tables away. I looked and said sure do, the one in the middle. They explained that the girls had been starring at me in a somewhat "angry" way. I figured I'd find out what was going on and head on over. I could tell right away something wasn't right and after a minute or two asked if everything with her was ok. The friends back up and I get unloaded on. Apparently I had asked her out a few days before. Completely forgot about it. She had sat around waiting for an hour or two before her friends talked her into going out with them to let off some steam.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Post your notable, personal face palm moments... [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wife and I were to attend a wedding in Estes Park. We arrive at the site (a hotel) and see a decorated bus in the parking lot with a tuxedoed driver, who asks if we need a ride to the wedding site. Well, I guess so..so we hop on board, along with our gift, and he takes us for a 3-4 mile ride down to a motel along the river with very little parking. We sit down on the chairs for the ceremony and note that we don't know ANYONE...sort of surprising but not impossible. Then we are reading the program...the bride was my wife's friend who I didn't know...and it seems like the wrong names....oh-oh. Turns out this wedding group was using the other hotel lot for parking but was completely unrelated to the wedding we were supposed to attend. And now we are 4 miles from that site with no cell phone and no way back. I explain the situation to one of the hosts, who reluctantly lets me use the lobby phone to call a taxi...not at all happy that helping me is taking away from her time with the wedding. Meanwhile my wife goes and stands on the road with her thumb out and snags a willing driver, so we take that back up to the other hotel. My apologies to the taxi driver who probably showed up 30 minutes later looking for us - kindly send me the bill.
Quote Reply

Prev Next