Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Relationships are just OK when they r at their best and downright horrible when things r not good [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
Relationship inventory:

Wife 35 years
Sons 26 and 29 years
Barber 25 years
Insurance guy 25 years
Investment guy - 30+ years
Life insurance guy 30+ years
Business clients 25+ years
Employees 6 through 16 years. (Fired one person in 25 years)

The older you get, the more importants relationships become.

Strangely enough, I am a pretty extreme introvert, but am also someone who recognizes the value of relationships.

Huh. So none of these people were interested in triathlon?
Quote Reply
Re: Relationships are just OK when they r at their best and downright horrible when things r not good [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x VII
Quote Reply
Re: Relationships are just OK when they r at their best and downright horrible when things r not good [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
PeterP wrote:
So y would anyone want to be in one? Disclaimer, I have not recently broken up nor been in a relationship for awhile and have no desire or intention to be in one. Just an impartial observation.

You got it right. Don't let the naysayer's here try to convince you otherwise. They are all in the 10-25% of people who think they are happy in their relationships (because they don't know true happiness that freedom gives.). Fact is that half the people have had heartbreak end relationships and the other half are living unhappily in a relationship. Once two people enter a romantic relationship they become co-dependent -- afraid of pursuing their real interests for fear of losing the comfort feeling of the relationship. True happiness is in freedom.

I know I'm miserable in my marriage. Like when I see something really amazing on the drive to work, and can't wait to share it with my wife. I hate that.

Or when we wake up spontaneously at 3am for no reason and tell fart jokes until we're both wheezing from laughter and the kids yell at us down the hall to go back to sleep. That sucks.

Or when I have a lousy day at work and I know she'll make me dinner and listen to me bitch just because she wants me to feel better. Why would anyone want that?

Or when she's at the finish line losing her mind because she knows I'm PRing. That, I can do without.

You may say that your freedom gives you happiness, but for me, my happiness has given me great freedom. I'm living the life I choose to live.

But I must just be one of those deluded 25%.
Quote Reply
Re: Relationships are just OK when they r at their best and downright horrible when things r not good [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's triathlon?

Re: Relationships are just OK when they r at their best and downright horrible when things r not good [IronTaint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is funny how every sleazy, selfish, mean male seems to believe........

That being in a long-term relationship is proof that they are "team players" and "good guys."

NO- sorry guys!

What it proves is that their significant others are weak, pathetic people. That they fell into a trap. And can't free themselves.

Their wives and kids would be much better off without them.
But they stay on in their families lives.
Destroying everyones chance of living a decent life.

So how do you know if the above is true for you?

If you are sure it isn't true. (Because you are sooo awesome).
Then it probably IS true.

If you are concerned that it might be true. But you are working hard trying to be a good person - then maybe not.
Quote Reply
Re: Relationships are just OK when they r at their best and downright horrible when things r not good [dirtymangos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This whole thread is performance art, right?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Relationships are just OK when they r at their best and downright horrible when things r not good [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
This whole thread is performance art, right?

I'm going to copy and paste it into the Heart Strings thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Relationships are just OK when they r at their best and downright horrible when things r not good [dirtymangos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Relationships are just OK when they r at their best and downright horrible when things r not good [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or "he" dumped you
Quote Reply
Re: Relationships are just OK when they r at their best and downright horrible when things r not good [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
You sound like a total dick.

No wonder she dumped you.

Use some vowels.

+1 more, and also that this might play better in the Womens...
Quote Reply

Prev Next