Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Finally we have the world’s first ‘wallpaper’ TV, flying car next?
Quote | Reply
This, along with a flying car, have been on my wish list forever:

"Science fiction became science fact at this year’s CES with the announcement by LG that it’s bringing to market the world’s first ‘wallpaper’ TV - a TV featuring a flexible screen that’s just 4mm deep and can be hung on your wall by magnets.

Called (rather cumbersomely) the Signature OLED W TVs, LG’s new super-slim, bendable models will be available in 65- and 77-inch versions. The latter has won - entirely deservedly - a 2017 CES Best of Innovation Award."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2017/01/04/lg-unveils-stunning-new-oled-tv-range-including-jaw-dropping-wallpaper-design/#5834d7372c05

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Finally we have the world’s first ‘wallpaper’ TV, flying car next? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lame. Why not just project the images on to your wall with this?...

http://www.brookstone.com/...oglebaseads%7Csearch

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Finally we have the world’s first ‘wallpaper’ TV, flying car next? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:

Why? (The tv, not the flying car).

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Finally we have the world’s first ‘wallpaper’ TV, flying car next? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
jkca1 wrote:

Why? (The tv, not the flying car).

I've always thought your TV should be as large as the wall you are facing and transparent when not in use. It's kind of like solar panels. People spend big buck on their houses then they put those damn ugly panels on their roofs. Kind of takes the entire esthetic away don't you think? Some day you won't be able to see the panels but they'll be there, until then, enjoy the ugly.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All but 1 of my 6 tvs are mounted on internal walls. Why should they be transparent? If you want them to "disappear," why don't you use a projection tv?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Finally we have the world’s first ‘wallpaper’ TV, flying car next? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
All but 1 of my 6 tvs are mounted on internal walls. Why should they be transparent? If you want them to "disappear," why don't you use a projection tv?

I don't care for the picture on projection TV's. We had one, got rid of it. Over X-mas I took a look at 4K TVs vs. 4K projectors. The TV is going to win all the time on cost/resolution alone although the Sony VPL-VW365ES is almost affordable. I think it's under 10K now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meh to all that stuff.

It's twenty-friggin'-seventeen - where is my hot sexy-time fembot ala Westworld?!?

Get a move on this, nerds everywhere... That's enough dilly-dallying with these other silly projects no one cares about.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's about time. The tech for this has been around a long time and the materials incredibly cheap. Expect the prices to plummet on these. OLED's should be cheaper than LED's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
JSA wrote:

I don't care for the picture on projection TV's. We had one, got rid of it. Over X-mas I took a look at 4K TVs vs. 4K projectors. The TV is going to win all the time on cost/resolution alone although the Sony VPL-VW365ES is almost affordable. I think it's under 10K now.

Projecting onto a wall or onto a screen? I've got mine set-up so that both screen and projector drop down from the ceiling when needed, and are invisible the rest of the time. It's 4 years old so isn't 4K, but I've been extremely happy with the picture quality, for movies I actually prefer it to any TV I've seen as it has more of a cinema feel to it. And having it retract allows me to have a far bigger picture (~105") than any TV I'd want mounted on the wall unless it was a dedicated cinema room. Only caveat is it's not great for watching content that has a lot of dark scenes in the middle of the day when there's some ambient light. But in practice it's only really on during the day if we're watching sport or if the kids are watching a movie, both of which are bright enough that it's no issue.
Quote Reply