Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Macy's on Wednesday to close 63 stores this spring and eliminate 10,000 jobs [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Limited is following suit. All brick and mortar stores close as of this Sunday. Columbus' resident billionaire, found of the Limited and Victoria's Secret sold the Limited off around 10 years ago. 250'ish stored closing.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Macy's on Wednesday to close 63 stores this spring and eliminate 10,000 jobs [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
JSA wrote:

Overpriced??? Dude, they are the king of "1 day sales." I love Macy's b/c I can get my every day dress shirts and an occasional wool coat for dirt cheap. I'm not sure I have ever actually been in a Macy's, but shop online regularly and almost always when there is 25-45% off.

Yeah same here. Most of our wedding registry was on Macy's and we made out like bandits. Hopefully most people bought when things were on sale but we got $250 in store credits through registry points and can buy any registry item for 20%, even sales prices, for six months after the wedding. We bought most of our Christmas gifts off Macy's, 30, 50% off sales prices PLUS our 20% registry savings.

That said, if something isn't at least 30% off at Macy's I'd never buy it, and I haven't bought something in-store at Macy's in as long as I can remember.

Yep. Exactly. However, I have returned things to Macy's. I forgot about doing that. Sometimes I don't like the fit or the fabric once the item arrives (the downsides of online shopping). So, I will buy multiple items online, on sale, and return the items I don't like to the store.

I actually went to the local Macy's today and was looking for shoes. The saleswoman specifically pointed out the rack with internet returns at 30% to 50% off. I bought a pair of shoes that were on sale and got an additional discount.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply

Prev Next