Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Free Joints! [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
As I understand the federal laws now, medical research can't be done on marijuana. I'm guessing big pharma has a lot to do with that. I'd like to see every federal piece of legislation on marijuana eliminated. Let the states take care of it.

Yes, well we can dream....

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Free Joints! [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Something isnt important to you, that doesnt mean ita not vastly important to someone else for quite valid reasons.

Pick an argument- is it that they don't feel passionately about it, or is it that they do, because it's actually important?

I suspect you would change your tune if you or your kid had seizures that could be helped by marijuanna.

Yeah, I know, they're all parents of kids with seizures, or they have glaucoma or whatever. It's not at all that they're just potheads who want to get high and latch onto whatever sympathetic case they can, no matter how rare. Give me a break, dude.

Why do you struggle with nuance?

I gave you reaponses to your gigantic leaps of logic. Showing more than one reason wjy its wrong and your only reaponse is to say pick one. Hahahahaha

Everyone who consumes pot is a pothead?

Everyone who drinks alcohol is also an alcoholic i suppose.

Man, when you broadly define people like this its so much easier than thinking!!!! I can see ehy you do it.

Btw. 1 in 11 is not rare. Thats the number of people who will have seizures in their lifetime.

Add in other medical issues and the number of people who could have a medical use for cannibus goes up quite a bit. Learn some basic math skills.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Free Joints! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Do you think Trump is an anti-Semite? "

No. Just anti-Palestinian.
Quote Reply
Re: Free Joints! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
"Do you think Trump is an anti-Semite? "

No. Just anti-Palestinian.

So?

So are the Saudis and the Iranians and the Lebanese and....

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Free Joints! [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I gave you reaponses to your gigantic leaps of logic.

Except there were no leaps of logic for you to respond to. I'm telling you that plenty of people place far too high of a priority on legalizing weed for it's actual importance, and that's typified by some idiotic advocacy group in DC handing out 4200 joints to show Trump how important it is to them to keep weed legal.

First you claimed that just because they favor legalization doesn't mean they place too much importance on it, and in a vacuum, that's true. But we don't live in a vacuum. And neither does the Cannabis Coalition, and neither do millions of other potheads who think legal weed is the next great civil rights struggle.

Then you tried to throw up some smoke screen about poor little kids with seizures (evidence in regards to that sort of thing is just about entirely anecdotal and unscientific, as far as I know, btw) when that really isn't what's driving the issue. People just want to be able to toke up.

Btw. 1 in 11 is not rare. Thats the number of people who will have seizures in their lifetime.

Lies, damn lies, and then statistics. If one of eleven people regularly had seizures that could be effectively treated with pot, we'd know, and pot would have been medicalized long before now.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're as bad as Trump for pulling nonsense out of your ass. The majority of the world's population is in support of a separate Palestine state. Green is yes, grey is no BTW.

Last edited by: cerveloguy: Jan 4, 17 17:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
vitus979 wrote:
Right. Because it's not like the issue has received attention far out of proportion to it's real importance, and it's not like those who advocate for legalization don't typically place an out sized priority on it.

These particular people are organizing a smoke in on the streets of DC as a protest during the presidential election, despite the fact that there's no reason to believe Trump's administration has any interest in the issue in the first place. But hey, no indication that they overemphasize the issue, right?

You paint with an awfully wide brush. Something isnt important to you, that doesnt mean ita not vastly important to someone else for quite valid reasons.

I suspect you would change your tune if you or your kid had seizures that could be helped by marijuanna.

Lets also assume thats not an issue for anyone.

Was the repeal of prohibition a trivial thing?

This is one of many things that should be researched and as far as I'm concerned made available to anyone who wants it. This is what the focus should be. I don't care if people smoke it for pleasure but there are so many things that it provides medical relief and treatment for but nope not in America, not with Big Pharma having so much pull in DC.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Lies, damn lies, and then statistics. If one of eleven people regularly had seizures that could be effectively treated with pot, we'd know, and pot would have been medicalized long before now.

Not even close.

Im sure, since youre the expert on all things pot, that you know how someone can get approval and funding to do medical research on pot?

How about treating nausea and appetite in cancer patients? There cant be more than what, 3 or 4 of those thpes of people, right.

Quote Reply
Re: Free Joints! [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
not with Big Pharma having so much pull in DC.

Bog pharma isnt the reason its illegal or that it remains illegal.

Keep in mind, strains can be patented. Pharmaceutical companies can also proffit off of marijuanna.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Not even close.

So it's your honest contention that 1 in 11 people will regularly have seizures throughout their lives, and they can be effectively treated with marijuana? Or is it actually that 1 in 11 people will have some sort of seizure during their lives, and the vast majority of them are isolated or transient incidents, and couldn't be addressed with marijuana?

Im sure, since youre the expert on all things pot, that you know how someone can get approval and funding to do medical research on pot?

With difficulty, given it's current classification. That has little to nothing do with the legalization efforts, though. And even if it was classified so as to make medical research easier to carry out, that research would be seriously complicated by the difficulty in standardizing marijuana in the first place.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Then you tried to throw up some smoke screen about poor little kids with seizures (evidence in regards to that sort of thing is just about entirely anecdotal and unscientific, as far as I know, btw) when that really isn't what's driving the issue. People just want to be able to toke up.

I feel a little out of sorts being on the same side of an argument with vag,,,, and just a little dirty but, I believe the reasons you see so little scientific research on this is 1, it's considered a class of narcotic that prohibits it being able to be studied, 2, Big Pharma knows it would replace a lot of stuff they make big money on. There is no big money to be made in MJ, like there is pharmaceutical chemicals.

I'm happy to see someone pushing it, though I don't know this is the most effective way to go about it. Don't wait for the medical community to do the right thing here.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
So it's your honest contention that 1 in 11 people will regularly have seizures throughout their lives, and they can be effectively treated with marijuana? Or is it actually that 1 in 11 people will have some sort of seizure during their lives, and the vast majority of them are isolated or transient incidents, and couldn't be addressed with marijuana

Neither.

Quote Reply
Re: Free Joints! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't give two shits about the Palestinians.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I don't give two shits about the Palestinians."

That's obvious. I'd suspect you know very little about them also. Not that this has any thing to do with the OP.
Quote Reply

Prev Next