Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Damn Cheating & Thieving Children
Quote | Reply
I can't play a single game without my 6 year old cheating against me or him thieving something from me. I play Star Wars on XBox with him -- the kid shoots and murders me repeatedly, even though we're both on the Resistance side. We play AT Walker Candyland (some strange hybrid he made up consisting of a Lego AT Walker from Star Wars he has and Candyland) -- the rules change mid-game when I draw the "Walker Card," which should give me impunity to destroy his little ass and send him back to the start, at least according to earlier in the game when he drew the Walker Card, so I'm still left behind him. I grab a snack -- he takes it, declares it his, and says he'll share a little bite with me. I'd write him out of the will, but I'm pretty sure my wife spent the majority of it on Legos for Christmas. By this point in life I should be king of the house, but the little bastard has turned me into the jester.

Surely I can't be the only one whose kid is a little punk like this? Not that I don't love it, because he make me laugh hysterically.
Quote Reply
Re: Damn Cheating & Thieving Children [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheat back. Then you win, which is always nice, and if your son starts crying like a little baby (since he is still just six years old) tell him 'see, doesn't feel too good when someone cheats against you?'

Teachable moment AND you win.

Seriously though, is six too young to teach him not to cheat or is it still in the 'cute' phase where it's pretty harmless? No kids of my own so I don't know.
Quote Reply
Re: Damn Cheating & Thieving Children [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried. He rigged the game so well that he caught me cheating back! He's good.

If it's a game he's playing with friends & cousins his age he's a little rule follower. With my wife & I it's his little comedy routine, with him giggling & goofing off uncontrollably, so cute that it's impossible to not start laughing at how ridiculous it is. He'll never have a poker face.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL! Been there and still doing it - at least with the youngest (9). His two older brothers did it too, but what makes it funny is to see them get mad. Turn about is fair play.

You could always introduce him to Exploding Kittens or Cards Against Humanity. BTW, with that last one, when I play with my oldest son and neighbors, it becomes a sport to not pick each other when we know it is the other's card.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had to stop playing Settlers of Catan with my kids for several years because of similar things. Every time I'd play, they'd form an alliance to block all my roads, put the robber on my spaces, refuse to trade with me, etc. Pre-game negotiated terms meant nothing.

Ironically I played the game with them for the first time in years yesterday. With the expansion pack it was easier for me to avoid harassment, but the game still ended with the youngest storming away and a big argument about the final play.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My kids did that until I got a shock collar and used it on them. You got to show the little buggers who is boss.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't let my kids get away with stuff like that and I didn't think it was funny.

Some friends had a kid with an imaginary friend who he blamed everything on, the imaginary friend ate all the candy, broke the plate, spilled the drink on the carpet etc. They thought it was so cute. I didn't get that either.
Quote Reply